Another update on my winter bike search

Old December 30th 04, 01:30 AM
Preston Crawford

On 2004-12-30, Rich Clark wrote:

"Pat" wrote in message

I ride a 55 cm Bianchi Veloce, and my inseam is 32", so I can see where
yours would fit you since your legs are shorter. Do you have enough
stand-over distance?

Preston only mentioned his *trouser* inseam. Given that fashion sense could
yield a 3-4"* difference in trouser inseam on the same person, it's not a
very useful indicator of anything cycling-related.

I would have thought that one these many professional fittings Preston's had
would have generated some numbers he could refer to going forward.

RichC

I do. They're just at home. It's not like the owner of the store last
night looked at the back of my pants and selected a bike based on that. He
saw me up on the bike, measured things thoroughly. I just don't happen to
keep my fit sheet with me 24/7, nor have it memorized. :-)

*or more, if the pants my son used to wear when he was in high school are
any indication. Their inseam measurement bore no discernable relationship to
the actual measurement of any part of his body.

Of course not. I was just throwing it out there as the only number I had
handy in order to illustrate that I don't have long legs. The legs of my
pants regularly wear first (meaning they're well below the top of my
shoe). I'm not wearing pants Urkel-style. I definitely wear a solid 30.

Preston
Old January 1st 05, 06:24 PM
Preston Crawford

On 2004-12-29, Mike Kruger wrote:
Preston Crawford wrote:

So this new LBS I've been dealing with, that has just

stunned me with
their ability to work with me .... They
used to be called Gateway Bicycles. Now they're called

Speedzone.
(Portland, Oregon)

You've found your bike shop, that's for sure.
A guy who's that concerned that you be a satisfied customer
deserves a few free plugs.

Indeed!

Preston