Disk hubs for rim brakes...

Old February 28th 05, 05:10 AM
Wasatch5k

Default Disk hubs for rim brakes...

I am currently looking to purchase a new set of hubs. Right now I am using rim brakes but am thinking about moving to disk brakes in the next few years. I’m thinking it might be wise to “future-proof” my investment by buying disk compatible hubs. I don’t think there will be any problems – might look kind of funny. Anything I’m missing?

Thanks,

Nate

Old February 28th 05, 08:23 AM
Ted

I am currently looking to purchase a new set of hubs. Right now I am using
rim brakes but am thinking about moving to disk brakes in the next few years.
I’m thinking it might be wise to “future-proof” my investment by buying disk
compatible hubs. I don’t think there will be any problems – might look kind
of funny. Anything I’m missing?

Thanks,

Nate

Yes, the frame. Retrofitting disc caliper mounts would be prohibitively
expensive if not outright impossible.

If your current frame and fork are disc-compatible, then you're all set
except for the hubs and brakes, and rebuilding the wheels with the new
hubs.

--
Ted Bennett
Portland, OR

Help setting up disk brakes mark solesbury Mountain Biking 2 June 12th 04 10:26 PM
Disk brakes and wheel ejection - Manitou's answer? Mark McMaster Techniques 75 May 19th 04 05:46 PM
Disk brakes? Hot! ain Mountain Biking 20 May 5th 04 12:57 PM
XTR brake levers with Avid mechanical disk brakes nmpub Techniques 1 February 8th 04 02:14 PM
Disk Brakes john Mountain Biking 4 January 22nd 04 01:44 AM