USPRO Crit pics

Old August 23rd 04, 06:10 AM
gfisk

Default USPRO Crit pics

Great race, and an awesome last Crit Championship for Jonas.
My heart goes out to Robbie, I'm still in shock.
http://www.northbrookvelodrome.com/images/USPro2004/
Old August 23rd 04, 06:33 AM
Dave H

"gfisk" wrote in message
news
Great race, and an awesome last Crit Championship for Jonas.
My heart goes out to Robbie, I'm still in shock.
http://www.northbrookvelodrome.com/images/USPro2004/

Damn good pics of Robbie in his struggle to stay upright, interesting how
the USPS rider takes out the USPS banner.

Dave

Old August 23rd 04, 11:22 AM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 00:10:17 -0500, gfisk
wrote:

http://www.northbrookvelodrome.com/images/USPro2004/

Very nice.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old August 23rd 04, 01:03 PM
Carl Sundquist

"Dave H" wrote in message

Damn good pics of Robbie in his struggle to stay upright, interesting how
the USPS rider takes out the USPS banner.

Nice job straightening his rear wheel after the crash, too.

Old August 23rd 04, 03:10 PM
Tuschinski

Wonderful pictures! A few things I noticed:

1. The Mavic Bikes look wonderful. First time I saw them up close.
2. Floyd Landis has a moustache (I prob should have known, but I never
saw it before). I thought the last moustache pro was Eric van
Lancker
3. The crash photo is amazing! It really captures the moment. When I
look at his rear wheel I cringe. He is a sponsored pro, I would be
strapped for cash if that happens to me...

--
Tuschinski

Old August 23rd 04, 11:15 PM
RJG

"Carl Sundquist" wrote in message

"Dave H" wrote in message

Damn good pics of Robbie in his struggle to stay upright, interesting

how
the USPS rider takes out the USPS banner.

Nice job straightening his rear wheel after the crash, too.

That is actually a replacement wheel. After the crash, Robbie stood there
and chatted w/officials, other riders and some friends/family for several
minutes until a USPS mechanic drove up and changed his wheel. Then he
pedaled the last 150 meters or so to the finish line.

Old August 23rd 04, 11:23 PM
RJG

"Tuschinski" wrote in
message ...

Wonderful pictures! A few things I noticed:

1. The Mavic Bikes look wonderful. First time I saw them up close.
2. Floyd Landis has a moustache (I prob should have known, but I never
saw it before). I thought the last moustache pro was Eric van
Lancker
3. The crash photo is amazing! It really captures the moment. When I
look at his rear wheel I cringe. He is a sponsored pro, I would be
strapped for cash if that happens to me...

--
Tuschinski

Robbie benefitted from recent changes in the course setup. Originally, there
were just regular metal barricades in that turn, then they added some pads,
but it was still pretty nasty. Since there are so many crashes in that
corner (probably 1 out of every 3 years on the last lap, they finally went
to no barricades at all, just a wall of hay bales covered by the plastic
sponsor wrap.

Old August 24th 04, 04:27 AM
Dave H

"Dave H" wrote in message

Damn good pics of Robbie in his struggle to stay upright, interesting

how
the USPS rider takes out the USPS banner.

Nice job straightening his rear wheel after the crash, too.

That is actually a replacement wheel. After the crash, Robbie stood there
and chatted w/officials, other riders and some friends/family for several
minutes until a USPS mechanic drove up and changed his wheel. Then he
pedaled the last 150 meters or so to the finish line.

You're kidding...really?
Dave

Old August 25th 04, 02:02 AM
nospam

"Dave H" wrote in message

Damn good pics of Robbie in his struggle to stay upright, interesting

how
the USPS rider takes out the USPS banner.

Nice job straightening his rear wheel after the crash, too.

That is actually a replacement wheel. After the crash, Robbie stood there
and chatted w/officials, other riders and some friends/family for several
minutes until a USPS mechanic drove up and changed his wheel. Then he
pedaled the last 150 meters or so to the finish line.

You're kidding...really?
Dave

He's a local favorite. The announcer and fans wanted him to ride past the finish.

Crit Pro to race Pro Crit. crit pro Racing 16 August 27th 04 11:31 PM
USPRO Crit TritonRider Racing 4 August 23rd 04 11:55 PM
NAUCC 2003 Pics UniBrier Unicycling 11 August 14th 03 11:52 PM