6 month on biks

Old October 4th 04, 07:37 PM
ynonnevo

Default 6 month on biks

Hi everyone,

I'm intend of araiving to Australia in february and thinking of
spending my trip there on bicycle,
I want to know how much shuld I accept to spent on a fully equiped
turing bike,
and all the aditional geer (helmet,gloves,shorts, etc')

If U can give me a clue of how much shuld it coast and maybe to
recomend on a good shoop in Sidny
Thank's very much.
Ynon

--
ynonnevo

Old October 9th 04, 11:58 PM
kingsley

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 04:37:12 +1000, ynonnevo wrote:

I'm intend of araiving to Australia in february and thinking of spending
my trip there on bicycle,
I want to know how much should I accept to spent on a fully equipped
touring bike, and all the additional gear (helmet,gloves,shorts, etc')

This is off the top of my head...

(all prices AU$)

$700++ for a bike (maybe $1000/$1200)
$200 for racks & mud-guards
$50 for some caught-in-the-dark lighting (red & white flashers)
$100-300 for panniers
$200 for handle-bar bag (optional)
$30-80 for helmet
$20-50 for gloves
$40-90 per pair of bike shorts (I'd want 3, you may not want any)
$30++ for a light rain jacket
$100 spares (puncture repair, tube, cable, brake pads) and some tools
(spanner, hex-keys, screwdriver, chain-breaker)

Depending on where you are going to ride, you may want more or less
gear. If you're heading down to Tasmania (where I presume it can get
quite cold) you might want some rain pants too. It will still be hot in
February when you arrive though. You haven't mentioned if you'll be
staying in B&Bs or camping etc. Obviously you might also want a tent.

recommend a good shop in Sydney

There's lots of great shops in the Sydney area. Specifically in the
near-CBD is Cheeky Monkey Bicycle Company at Central Station. They have a
reasonable range of all this stuff (it's only a small shop, but one of the
best). There's also Woolies Wheels up near Paddington (never been there
myself, but I hear good things), and lets not forget Clarence St Cyclery
right in the CBD.

There's also Activ-8 (Actif-8?) with all the other Adventure shops in the
street behind the Town Hall (York St? Clarence? Sussex?). If you need a
lightweight tent, or specific "adventure wear" a bit of shopping around
here should get you everything. Some of these places are the Vogue for
Backpackers, so prices can be a bit steep.

-kt

--
Kingsley Turner,
(mailto: )

A quiet month MSeries UK 1 September 5th 05 11:37 AM
Need Advice: Planning a 2-4 Month European Tour Merriman Zajac UK 2 July 28th 04 11:15 AM
one month uni-less... at least... Mistercookieface87 Unicycling 2 May 25th 04 02:37 AM
May is National Bike Month Ablang General 7 April 7th 04 12:16 AM
One month video gpickett00 Unicycling 8 March 23rd 04 09:58 PM