guns and bikes

Old October 11th 04, 04:42 AM
qtq

Default guns and bikes

"hippy" wrote in news:e_oad.21750$5O5.13645
@news-server.bigpond.net.au:

"byron27"
when i was couriering i knew guys who had started working on the bike
out of school and were, at that time, late 20's ~early 30's who still
hadnt got their license!!

No need for a car I guess. Most would live in
the city and ride everywhere. Probably think
cars are the devil too :-)

I'm not a courier, but I'm in my late 20s and I don't have a license (of
any sort). I ride everywhere I need to go.

[on a related note: what we need are undercover cycling traffic cops. I
can't count the number of times I've had people cross double-white lines to
try to pass me.]

--
to email me, run my email address through /usr/bin/caesar
(or rotate by -4)

Old October 11th 04, 05:59 AM
byron27

hippy Wrote:
"byron27"
hippy sprouted some more rubbish.
Ahh.. BC was one of my fave bands in about Yr. 8 :-

yep, i scored a version of the CD with cop killa on it but then los
it, or had it stolen, i cant remember
you were in year 8 when bodycount was big hippy?!

I think so. Early secondary was my hip hop period. A
time passed and I became more stereotypically 'teen-angst
ridden I moved onto heavy metal and then techno.

jeez, i feel really old.......i was bumming around uni at that tim
thinking really big thoughts and thinking noone understood me. Ah
teenagedom, is there anything more self-destructive

Yeah.. mid-20's for me! ;-) You were right, no one doe
understand you, or me or anyone else... stoopid human brains.

anyhow, this relates to bikes cause i couldnt afford to run my ca

the
so i bought my first bike, a shogun trailbreaker 3 and my love affai
with two wheels begun..

Man, you started late. I had my road bike delivered t
Melbourne when I was in first year uni cost I misse
riding so much.
I didn't get my license until later so cars weren't a
issue for me. The $70 garage-sale Apollo is still i
my garage now.. I think I bought it around yr.7/8

hippy

when i was couriering i knew guys who had started working on the bik
out of school and were, at that time, late 20's ~early 30's who stil
hadnt got their license!

--
byron2

Old October 11th 04, 06:37 AM
hippy

"byron27"
when i was couriering i knew guys who had started working on the bike
out of school and were, at that time, late 20's ~early 30's who still
hadnt got their license!!

No need for a car I guess. Most would live in
the city and ride everywhere. Probably think
cars are the devil too :-)

While on the courier tip... I finally received my copy
of "Nerves of Steel":
http://www.thehippy.net/nucleus/index.php?itemid=110

hippy

Old October 11th 04, 07:48 AM
hippy

"qtq" wrote
I'm not a courier, but I'm in my late 20s and I don't have a license (of
any sort). I ride everywhere I need to go.

I have parents 600k's away and move
enough bikes/big stuff that I can justify my
cheap car - sort of. I don't use it for anything
where a bike will be sufficient. I use it so
little that I just loaned it to a friend for 2
weeks - better than rusting in my driveway.
(The bikes get the shed now.. )
I thought about selling it but the return would
be laughable and it does come in handy. I'd
hate to keep asking people for lifts, etc..

hippy

Old October 11th 04, 08:09 AM
Shane Stanley

In article ,
qtq wrote:

[on a related note: what we need are undercover cycling traffic cops. I
can't count the number of times I've had people cross double-white lines to
try to pass me.]

And then they'll all start trying to squeeze through next to you
instead...

--
Shane Stanley

" Royal Mail swaps bikes for guns" Call me Bob UK 3 January 4th 05 11:18 AM
guns and bikes byron27 Australia 1 October 11th 04 02:57 AM
guns and bikes byron27 Australia 8 October 7th 04 07:14 AM
guns and bikes byron27 Australia 2 October 7th 04 05:28 AM
guns and bikes byron27 Australia 1 October 7th 04 02:03 AM