U-Decide (unicycle decision)

Old December 21st 08, 12:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeremy R

Default U-Decide (unicycle decision)

Will the nimbus titan work with the Wide ISIS (you know how the round
crown trials work.......)

--
Jeremy R

'661' (http://www.sixsixone.com/)
'MountainUni' (http://www.mountainuni.com/splash.asp)
spam ban kaboom - Gilby
Old December 21st 08, 12:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

Does it come with an extra wise hub? If it does it will.

Even if it doesn't, which I'm almost positive it does, you could
probably bend the frame.

--
wickedbob

R.I.P MITCH HEDBERG
'Add wickedbob to your ignore list' (http://tinyurl.com/3dfrko).

Ducttape wrote:
haha! I'm rubbing off on people again....

My posts don't count they came from MR...would they matter anyways?
Old December 22nd 08, 06:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
lpounds

I would strongly advise against going with the Nimbus Nightrider frame.
It is A. Made rather cheaply. I had to return two before I got one
that was even close to symmetrical, even though it still was clearly
not.
B. It is a relatively flimsy frame, so it bends from the torque of a
big wheel. So much so that it made it more difficult to use a brake.

If you can, go with the KH frame. If that is out of your price range, I
would maybe go for the Titan (Though I don't know anything about the
rigidity of this frame).

--
lpounds

the face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the
face.

if you're a cowboy and you're dragging a guy behind your horse, i bet
it would really make you mad if you looked back and the guy was reading
a magazine.

- jack handey
Old December 22nd 08, 07:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

Personally I think the only good 36'er is a 36'er with a custom frame
and handle. I'm perfectly happy with my Nimbus frame and airfoil wheel
build but my 36 is pretty outdated now. I don't use a brake because I
don't see a reason to even on my super hilly rides I originally bought a
brake for my 36'er and ended up taking it off. The only way to get rid
of the majority of the flex in any frame would be to build your own,
it's the nature of forces in unicycling that causes them to flex. I'd go
with a nimbus frame, nightrider wheelset, TA tire(nightrider tire has a
thin sidewall) unless you'll be doing a lot of heavy stuff I don't see a
reason to go ISIS so I'd get a cotterless supewide hub, 14gauge spokes,
and 114mm cranks with the pedals that come standard on most 36'ers.

--
Ducttape

'-*buy my shirts*-'
(www.zazzle.com/ducttapesunicycle*)
'*watch my videos*'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ducttapesunicycle)
'*uniman comics*'
'*original thread for uniman*'
*'sigged quotes' (http://tinyurl.com/29b744)*
Old December 22nd 08, 11:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeremy R

Ducttape;1155512 wrote:
Personally I think the only good 36'er is a 36'er with a custom frame
and handle. I'm perfectly happy with my Nimbus frame and airfoil wheel
build but my 36 is pretty outdated now. I don't use a brake because I
don't see a reason to even on my super hilly rides I originally bought a
brake for my 36'er and ended up taking it off. The only way to get rid
of the majority of the flex in any frame would be to build your own,
it's the nature of forces in unicycling that causes them to flex. I'd go
with a nimbus frame, nightrider wheelset, TA tire(nightrider tire has a
thin sidewall) unless y*::::*ou'll be doing a lot of heavy stuff I don't
see a reason to go ISIS so I'd get a cotterless supewide hub, 14gauge
spokes, and 114mm cranks with the pedals that come standard on most
36'ers.

I want to go ISIS. I like compatibility! I like the titan look better
too. I think I will go with a TA, because its a hellof alot cheaper.
I'm getting no seat or post, but will get the SS spokes.

lpounds;1155481 wrote:
I would strongly advise against going with the Nimbus Nightrider frame.
It is A. Made rather cheaply. I had to return two before I got one
that was even close to symmetrical, even though it still was clearly
not.
B. It is a relatively flimsy frame, so it bends from the torque of a
big wheel. So much so that it made it more difficult to use a brake.

If you can, go with the KH frame. If that is out of your price range, I
would maybe go for the Titan (Though I don't know anything about the
rigidity of this frame).

I think I'll go titan. (think steel big one.) Thanks for the heads up!
Would you suggest 114 or 125's? Also, Nightrider or TA?

Old December 23rd 08, 12:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeremy R

Does UDC ever do an After Xmas Sale?

--
Jeremy R

'661' (http://www.sixsixone.com/)
'MountainUni' (http://www.mountainuni.com/splash.asp)
spam ban kaboom - Gilby

Decision on a Unicycle Eroick Unicycling 0 August 18th 08 03:06 AM
Decision on a Unicycle garett Unicycling 5 August 17th 08 07:27 PM
Decision? Dre General 5 January 24th 06 01:25 PM
Cant decide what to buy e39m5 Unicycling 20 June 5th 05 10:58 PM
bad decision alan General 10 October 19th 04 04:37 AM