Idea for a brake for my 28" unicycle

Old December 22nd 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

Default Idea for a brake for my 28" unicycle

I did that and it worked very well.

The small hole won't compromise the strength of the frame.

--
saskatchewanian
Old December 22nd 08, 08:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

Ergolicious;1155517 wrote:
Well, my dad is telling me that drilling a hole in the frame will weaken
it... Not that drilling a small hole through the frame is going to be
"devastating" to its strength. All I need is the brake line for it.

yes it will weaken it, but not enough to cause the frame to fail by any
means

--
kington99

Dave

Old December 23rd 08, 09:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rob.northcott

Don't worry about weakening the frame - it's a common modification
(mostly on cokers, but a 29er frame is no different at the crown) and
nobody has snapped a frame because of it as far as I know.

Rob

--
rob.northcott
Old December 23rd 08, 06:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ergolicious

Would my LBS have brake cable and the plastic tubing for it?

--
Ergolicious

aka Ergo
Old December 23rd 08, 06:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Michaelgoround

Ergolicious;1156404 wrote:
Would my LBS have brake cable and the plastic tubing for it?

I'm sure they would. You will probably have to cut it though.

--
Michaelgoround
Old December 23rd 08, 09:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mmenghe

to the person who inquired where to by 28" tubes:

you can use a 700c type found in hybrid and road type bicycles.
in other words, anywhere.

it should say on the side wall what number you need

like 700X__ __

--
mmenghe