Re-Newbing

Old December 23rd 08, 05:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
timekeeper

Default Re-Newbing

I didn't notice they had the 26er in black. I'm telling my friend to
jump on this right now. It looks so cool, and congrats on getting back
into unicycling! Where do you live?

--
timekeeper
Old December 23rd 08, 05:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

Tiki Pirate;1155987 wrote:
Well, my new ride came via UPS today.
I managed to practice for about a hour and then my quads/legs just
couldn't take much more. I guess I am more out of shape than I thought.

I would have suggested you get the double hole cranks, but I waited too
long to check this thread. You could drill, tap and put in steel
inserts yourself for the second shorter hole.

I'd suggest the 2.5" Hookworm. A bit more cussion for drops and a bit
faster than the 2" (not much more speed, but enough to notice a
difference)

There's a good chance your sore legs is from too much pressure on the
pedals and not enough on the seat. (A common newbie mistake)

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'
Old December 24th 08, 03:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tiki Pirate

skilewis74;1156025 wrote:

There's a good chance your sore legs is from too much pressure on the
pedals and not enough on the seat. (A common newbie mistake)

Yep, I am pretty sure that is most of it. I had to raise the seat a
few times during my practice session.

I was really working on trying to sit upright and pedal smoothly. I
started out on a baseball infield (for the first 100 feet) and wet
grass(after the infield ended). Soon after I moved to blacktop once I
became confident that I wasn't going to bail hard every time. In fact..
I only really had one crash were I didn't wind up just stepping off and
grabbing the uni.

I only got out to ride once for about 100 feet today, as I was at work
and my legs were still sore. I plan on riding much more tomorrow.. rain
or shine.

I seem to be pretty good with the 150mm cranks for now. I am sure I
will want to experiment some later; but, I am able to keep everything
pretty smooth. Longer might be good for rougher terrain.

I've looked at the hookworm and it does look like a nice tire. I like
all the air/cushion you get with the 2.5. vs a 2.1.

timekeeper - I live near Walnut Creek in the San Francisco bay area.. I
know lots of trails around here to ride and will be riding them soon.
I think the black looks good too. Someday I will add black cranks
and spokes and I'll be set.

--
Tiki Pirate
Old December 24th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
OneWheelLess

Awesome uni! I love the black, keep up the good work!

--
OneWheelLess

so......cold.....