brilliant way to use a car spot

Old May 3rd 06, 06:13 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default brilliant way to use a car spot

Just seen a brilliant invention by Swiss designer - Adrien Rovero.

http://www.inoutdesigners.ch/pages/p...01/vd_003.html

A car-shaped bike rack, occupying a single car parking space, that
houses six bicycles.

Aces - bring more of it on!

Old May 3rd 06, 06:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle

pretty cool, altho would prefer to see rack on st side and bikes on
gutter side, otherwise bikes could get cleaned up fairly easily

--
flyingdutch

Old May 3rd 06, 08:36 AM posted to aus.bicycle

"flyingdutch" wrote in
message ...

pretty cool, altho would prefer to see rack on st side and bikes on
gutter side, otherwise bikes could get cleaned up fairly easily

And types where the bike is not supported in two places (as recommended for
bicycle parking) means that some drunked lout will just bend all the front
wheels like bananas anyway!
But the concept is good :-)

Gemma

Old May 3rd 06, 08:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle

In aus.bicycle on Wed, 3 May 2006 17:06:36 +0930
Gemma_k wrote:
And types where the bike is not supported in two places (as recommended for
bicycle parking) means that some drunked lout will just bend all the front
wheels like bananas anyway!
But the concept is good :-)

So extend bits from the car shape, so bikes can be leant against it.

Maybe a set of little car shapes at 90deg to the big one....

Zebee
Old May 3rd 06, 09:20 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Old news is the best news.....

http://groups.google.com.au/group/au...7fb3b67e775737

Old May 3rd 06, 09:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Boorondara Council will probably leave a parking ticket on it.
Wilfred
"SteveA" wrote in message

roses Wrote:
Just seen a brilliant invention by Swiss designer - Adrien Rovero.

http://www.inoutdesigners.ch/pages/p...01/vd_003.html

A car-shaped bike rack, occupying a single car parking space, that
houses six bicycles.

Aces - bring more of it on!

I have a car parking bay under our offices. I suggested turning it
into bike parking. Refused. I can leave it vacant or put a car in it.
Someone suggested buying an old Hi Ace or similar van, parking it and
putting bikes in the back.The car shaped bike rack looks like another
option. It will probably take the building management people 6 months
to work out it's not a car. hehehe

Steve(subversive)A

--
SteveA

Old May 3rd 06, 09:53 AM posted to aus.bicycle

SteveA wrote:

I have a car parking bay under our offices. I suggested turning it
into bike parking. Refused. I can leave it vacant or put a car in it.
Someone suggested buying an old Hi Ace or similar van, parking it and
putting bikes in the back.The car shaped bike rack looks like another
option. It will probably take the building management people 6 months
to work out it's not a car. hehehe

Wonderful! Haha!
....or an old dunger that everyone can lean their bikes on and lock them
to the bumpers and door handles. So old that the bumper bar is detached
(not moulded), for more lock points. Maybe a Morrie 1100.

Donga

Old May 3rd 06, 10:54 AM posted to aus.bicycle

"Zebee Johnstone" wrote in message
.. .
In aus.bicycle on Wed, 3 May 2006 17:06:36 +0930
So extend bits from the car shape, so bikes can be leant against it.

Maybe a set of little car shapes at 90deg to the big one....

That'd make them little motorbikes ;-)

Gemm

Old May 3rd 06, 01:20 PM posted to aus.bicycle

PiledHigher wrote:
Old news is the best news.....

http://groups.google.com.au/group/au...7fb3b67e775737

USENET has no memory, remember?

Old May 4th 06, 01:36 AM posted to aus.bicycle

roses wrote:
Just seen a brilliant invention by Swiss designer - Adrien Rovero.

http://www.inoutdesigners.ch/pages/p...01/vd_003.html

A car-shaped bike rack, occupying a single car parking space, that
houses six bicycles.

Aces - bring more of it on!

What you need is an inflatable car with room inside to park your bike
in. When you're finished, deflate it, fold it up and ride away.