Trials Discussion Thread

Old September 23rd 07, 08:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Probailer2

Default Trials Discussion Thread

ivan wrote:
Was he the guy who had a competition with Ryan on those wooden bars,
next to the stairs? If yes, then he is way cool!

If you mean that "litle game" on the rails and pallets where they were
supposed to do eatchothers lines, then I think it was Tom Pec, Ryan and
Mark Fabian to I think.
Were interresting lines.

Peter M

--
Probailer2

Supported by www.municycle.com
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 24th 07, 02:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
TrialsUni

Danni wrote:
Doesn't that make it harder to pull up? I usually have my saddle to the
left of my head. Sometimes I miss and I ram my chest, neck or chin.

No, not from my experience. I think it makes it easier to tuck my legs
up, and helps me to tuck in a better position.

The seat shouldn't be that hard to pull up even normally. Most of the
hop should come from your legs. If anything the seat helps you to
angle your wheel for whatever you're landing on.

--
TrialsUni
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 24th 07, 03:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danni

So then this is bad technique?

[image:
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r.../IMG_2911.jpg]

--
Danni

leo wrote:
Without cocks you wouldn't even have a family forum.

'My Trials Course'
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 24th 07, 06:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Danni wrote:
So then this is bad technique?

Nah, not at all. That picture is pretty much going with what TrialsUni
said, just you tilt your seat differently.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 24th 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
TrialsUni

Jerrick wrote:
Nah, not at all. That picture is pretty much going with what TrialsUni
said, just you tilt your seat differently.

Yeah, Jerrick's right.

I land on some ledges like you. It all depends on the kind of surface,
how big it is, and how high it is off the ground. Another thing that
depends on where my seat is are pre-hops.

You're doing good, but in the future, to save your chin, chest,
etc...you probably want to learn the technique.

I think that all it really does is make you pull your legs up a little
differently. It puts the wheel a little more in front of you, than
under you. I hope that makes sense.

--
TrialsUni
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 24th 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danni

I'm going to try this as soon as I get my uni back. I'll post pics
soon.

Another thing: I find that I am able to gap much farther SI that SIF.
SIF is good for ups, but I don't see any benefits when it comes to
gapping.

--
Danni

Old September 24th 07, 07:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Im not so good with SIF gaping either. I know it can be done, specially
after watching Ryan or any other good SIF trials riders. They can get
some distance.

I also know that SI works just as well for gaping though, and my friend
Phil can do static SI gaps at will.

Old September 27th 07, 08:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danni

One thing I don't see enough in trials vids is gaps to rails. It is
insanely hard.

I still can't pedal grab . Any tips?

--
Danni

Old September 27th 07, 06:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
isaac steiner

ahh pedal grabs about 2 weeks ago i could do it like all the time and
now i cant do it for beans. I think when im bigger i will be able to
do it some easier...because on my 16" I can do it everytime.

--
isaac steiner
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 27th 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
isaac steiner

Im having a hard time wondering what new unicycle I should get..Mostly
Trials.

These are my options.

2007 Kris Holm KH20

Koxx White Widow