Where to static hop from?

Old July 22nd 08, 09:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
padst3r

Default Where to static hop from?

Its also alot better mentally to go back a bit cause otherwise you are
staring straight up at a huge height and might not think you can get
it.Things look smaller from further away (obviously)

--
padst3r

Harry Potter uses a Nimbus and he is the best magician of all time.

Proud member of the 'Team Nelson Unicyclists'
(http://www.teamnelsonuni.co.nr)
'My Videos' (http://www.youtube.com/padst3r)
*)---', 6ft Static Gap
Old July 22nd 08, 12:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
brendan

if it's without a prehop i would go from 3 maybe 4. Without a prehop i
start a few centimeters from the wall, just enough not scrape my pedals
on it. All you need is to jump the rest comes from going a tiny bit
sideways.

If you're doing a prehop then i'd start from 8 if not further. SI
without a prehop i might start from 4 or 5 to have room to move the
wheel up a little.

just experiment.

--
brendan
Old July 22nd 08, 07:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
adjuggler

does anyone else like to come at an obstacle from either a little in
front or behind it instead of perpendicular? I always like to be at
least a little off center going at an object.

--
adjuggler

----------David---------
'661'
(sixsixone.com)
'(Youtube
Page)'
(http://www.youtube.com/user/ADJuggler)
'(Vimeo)'
(http://www.vimeo.com/adjuggler)
Old July 22nd 08, 08:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phlegm

Try it and see. Doing trials is about figuring out how you should move
in the moment, not taking a picture and asking for everyone's opinion.

Whatever you do, "do not rack" yourself.

--
phlegm
Old July 22nd 08, 08:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
XCcrev

adjuggler wrote:
does anyone else like to come at an obstacle from either a little in
front or behind it instead of perpendicular? I always like to be at
least a little off center going at an object.

Yeah I seem to do that subconsiously. I cant stop it either. Its weird

--
XCcrev

My Vid
'Youtube' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm0AXKU7bQ8)