Wierd click

Old September 8th 08, 02:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
garett

Default Wierd click

I just got a new Nimbus II 24 inch unicycle a few weeks ago. I haven't
had any falls that could have messed the pedals up at all yet. About a
couple days after I got it, I noticed that after riding for about a
minute, the right pedal would make a clicking noise. It's been doing
it since. It happens every rotation and I can also feel it a little.
It's done it on the left pedal too but not as much. I took out both
pedals yesterday and cleaned the crank so there's no dirt or anything.
Then today I rode and it did it again. Once it starts it doesn't stop.
I think it might just be the pedals. Any ideas of what it is and how to
fix it.

Thanks

--
garett

Old September 8th 08, 02:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
vanpaun

Not to make you feel stupid but, check your shoelaces.

--
vanpaun

'sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com/)
'My Video' (http://tinyurl.com/3tv4cl)
'Custom Uni-Gear' (http://www.zazzle.com/unipsychle)
Old September 8th 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
garett

I actually already did. That was one of the first things I checked but
that's not the problem. Thanks anyways though.

Just for add in. Sometimes it makes two quick clicks and sometimes
it's just one.

--
garett

Old September 8th 08, 03:02 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
StephenH

Glad you asked. I've got a unicycle that I put new cranks and pedals
on, and getting a similar click. Actually it'll make 2 or 3 clicks
each revolution, with the clicks right together, not spaced out.
Funky pedals? I tried oiling them and no change.
Wheel flexing and spokes clicking together where they cross?
Loose but not broken spoke clicking the rim each revolution? New
wheel, and I can't tell anything is loose or anything.

It doesn't do it when I rotate by hand, even when I try to put pressure
on it. Sometimes, after I've ridden 45 minutes or so, it will stop.

--
StephenH
Old September 8th 08, 03:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
garett

I've heard that sometimes the pedal axle might not be perfectly straight
and that can cause it. I could prbably stick my friends' pedals in my
cranks and see if there is still a noise. I'm really hoping it's just
the pedals cause I just spent well over $200 and I don't want to have a
defective unicycle. Anyways, the more ideas about what might be wrong
the better so keep responding please.

Thanks

--
garett

Old September 8th 08, 03:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Panotaker

I had a clicking noise on mine and it ended up being loose bearing caps
on the bottom of the forks.

--
Panotaker
Old September 8th 08, 03:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

I had this problem with the Odyssey Twisted plastic pedals. It happened
on the left pedal on both of the odyssey plastic pedals I had purchased!
Never a problem with any other pedal.

Try different pedals out and see if that fixes it.

--
siafirede

'DCuni' (http://www.dcuni.com/blog) - my blog about Unicycling in
Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland
*James* = my name | 'Myspace' (http://www.myspace.com/clawsout)
Old September 8th 08, 04:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
garett

I will try other pedals tomorrow and see what happens. I'll let you
know.

--
garett

Old September 8th 08, 04:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unidunc

Also, check that your cranks are on the right sides, and that the pedals
are in the correct cranks.

--
unidunc

*)-90'-unispin-O* 1st Place

Old September 8th 08, 06:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
AK_unipsycho

I had that same problem, I'm not sure what it was but I eventually got
so ****ed off at it that I threw the whole unicycle in the middle of
the street and I haven't had a problem since. Worked for me but I don't
recommend doing that... I got a pretty nice crack in my seat frame in
the process

--
AK_unipsycho