New KH touring handle

Old December 11th 08, 12:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
munirocks

Default New KH touring handle

Since my T7 died last weekend I am looking for a good replacement. The
only alternatives seem to be the one by coker or going custom. The one
by coker would be very hard/expensive to get shipped to Europe. Besides
people complain that it rubs on their thighs. So I will have to get
creative, I guess...
I really wish there were some lightweight and strong KH touring handles
available. They could have all the advantages of the T7 but of coarse
none of the faults (crooked, heavy, weak, low quality). Wouldn't that be
great? I would buy it on the spot. It could be GB4ish too. Color should
be either black or silver so it can be combined with any other color...
Please, Kris Holm, come up with a new handle! I'm sure a lot of people
would want to buy them.

--
munirocks

mono for bono
Old December 11th 08, 01:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

Sounds good to me.

--
wickedbob

R.I.P MITCH HEDBERG
'Add wickedbob to your ignore list' (http://tinyurl.com/3dfrko).

Ducttape wrote:
haha! I'm rubbing off on people again....

My posts don't count they came from MR...would they matter anyways?
Old December 11th 08, 02:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
fatlardboy13

I can't agree more. I have been looking for a good handle for my KH36
for several months and can't find anything. The only non-custom option
that seems reasonable to me is the GB4, but it's getting really hard to
find them. Kris, if you read this, I would love to see a quality KH
touring handle, and I'm sure a large percentage of distance unicyclists
would want one as well.

--
fatlardboy13

**)--360
UNISPIN--':COOL:,
*Juggling stuffs:*
3 balls- 401 catches
4 balls-83 catches
5-balls-workin on it
Old December 11th 08, 03:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

'Custom handle bars FTW!'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)
Old December 11th 08, 03:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ben Meighen

I have a good feeling there is a KH touring handlebar coming very soon.
The 36 is still fresh, so he would still be working on getting all the
accessories needed for proper touring on the market. If he is going to
offer a touring uni, he knows how to do it right.

He has just got the 110's out, next will be handles and better seat.
Kris knows his 36 customers are going to want them, there is not even a
suitable competition yet, especially compatible with the 08 seatpost(no
bendy rail adapter).

I imagine Kris will see this thread soon and respond (hi Kris I love
your uni's thanks). He can correct me if I am wrong, otherwise wait
until next fall and see.

--
Ben Meighen

Git-R-Done
Old December 12th 08, 07:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

I was excited for a bit there, thought there actually was one.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did make one soon. He mentioned he was
considering designing a handle at RTL.

--
saskatchewanian
Old December 12th 08, 07:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

Yeah, from talking with him at RTL it sounded like he was thinking of
making a customizable/adjustable GB4 style handle. Something that would
connect to the front of the seat, come down, boom out and have a T where
you could add your own bar ends or something.

I love the GB4, but I think that allowing a slight modification of how
far out it cold go and the angle of the grips, and allow room for a
brake lever to fit, then it would be perfect. Also, the GB4 is quite
heavy, so I am sure there is room for improvement there on whatever
design comes out next.

Some people like their handles far out, some like them closer in, some
like them angled differently, and everyone likes their handle light and
strong. There is a definitely a market for this, and I think Kris will
be tapping into it eventually.

--
siafirede

'DCuni' (http://www.dcuni.com/blog) - my blog about Unicycling in
Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland
*James* = my name
Old December 20th 08, 09:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
munirocks

siafirede;1148397 wrote:
Yeah, from talking with him at RTL it sounded like he was thinking of
making a customizable/adjustable GB4 style handle. Something that would
connect to the front of the seat, come down, boom out and have a T where
you could add your own bar ends or something.

I love the GB4, but I think that allowing a slight modification of how
far out it cold go and the angle of the grips, and allow room for a
brake lever to fit, then it would be perfect. Also, the GB4 is quite
heavy, so I am sure there is room for improvement there on whatever
design comes out next.

Some people like their handles far out, some like them closer in, some
like them angled differently, and everyone likes their handle light and
strong. There is a definitely a market for this, and I think Kris will
be tapping into it eventually.

Let's keep hoping, it would be awesome.

--
munirocks

mono for bono
Old December 20th 08, 09:57 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
danger_uni

Ben Meighen;1147314 wrote:
I have a good feeling there is a KH touring handlebar coming very soon.
The 36 is still fresh, so he would still be working on getting all the
accessories needed for proper touring on the market. If he is going to
offer a touring uni, he knows how to do it right.

He has just got the 110's out, next will be handles and better seat.
Kris knows his 36 customers are going to want them, there is not even a
suitable competition yet, especially compatible with the 08 seatpost(no
bendy rail adapter).

I imagine Kris will see this thread soon and respond (hi Kris I love
your uni's thanks). He can correct me if I am wrong, otherwise wait
until next fall and see.

Ha, Ha. Have you been peering into my R&D workshop or something?

K.

--
danger_uni
Old December 20th 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeremy R

danger_uni;1153937 wrote:
Ha, Ha. Have you been peering into my R&D workshop or something?

K.

I have. Lets just say I've got connections......

|Filename: ceiling_cat_blank.jpg |

Jeremy R

'661' (http://www.sixsixone.com/)
'MountainUni' (http://www.mountainuni.com/splash.asp)