KH rim and spokes. Ano or Painted??

Old December 22nd 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Yobiker

Default KH rim and spokes. Ano or Painted??

Hey i was wondering if anybody know if the KH trials rims and spokes are
painted or anodized?

--
Yobiker
Old December 22nd 08, 08:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
412

Both should be anodized.

--
412
Old December 22nd 08, 08:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

412;1155557 wrote:
Both should be anodized.

maybe the spokes should be, but they aren't, them being made of
stainless steel and anodising being only suitable for aluminium

--
kington99

Dave

Old December 22nd 08, 08:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Yobiker

i was thinking that both the rim and the spokes might be powdercoated

--
Yobiker
Old December 22nd 08, 08:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
412

Perhaps the spokes are not anodized per say but a quick google on
coloring of black spokes yielded "Finished in black using an
electro-chemical treatment that is durable, and does not weaken the
spoke" (this is the case for DT).

Sometimes the terms seems to be used loosely in this area. (Also the
term differs in meaning in english and my native language, so I may be
off strictly speaking.)

--
412
Old December 23rd 08, 08:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
samsta002

With the 08 wheelset I think the spokes are powdercoated or something,
but not anodized. The rim is anodized. I looked into different ways of
painting all of it. Couldn't find any cheap ways.

--
samsta002

It's OK; luckily my neck broke my fall.

'My latest video' (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=xM1A2tEmr84)
Old December 26th 08, 01:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
streetcycalist

shld i powdercoat my KH 07 rim? i wanted to get it powdercoated purple
but im not sure how much thatd cost or where i can get it done

--
streetcycalist
Old December 26th 08, 06:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

streetcycalist;1158090 wrote:
shld i powdercoat my KH 07 rim? i wanted to get it powdercoated purple
but im not sure how much thatd cost or where i can get it done

A local shop had a $70 minimum per color. You could do all the pieces
of a uni at once. (a 36" rim might be too big for their oven)

I've heard you could have them add the part you want done to the piece
of another customer (if you didn't mind the color they were doing) for
like $15, but the shop I talked to said NO WAY at any price.

Edit: agentQ has done his own powder coating.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'
Old December 26th 08, 07:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pedrotejada

skilewis74;1158191 wrote:
A local shop had a $70 minimum per color. You could do all the pieces
of a uni at once. (a 36" rim might be too big for their oven)

THATS EXPENSIVE... I paid 30 bucks

BTW, to have Fluo and solid colors uses Powder Coating. If you want a
metalic color, Like K1 Purple rim, anodize it!

--
pedrotejada

'*Kris Holm Unicycles*' (http://www.krisholm.com)

*Brazilian Unicycling Team*
Old December 26th 08, 05:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Yobiker

While we are on the topic of powdercoating. I just recently set up a
powdercoating system at my house. So expect some pictures of my own
custom paint jobs!

--
Yobiker