How hard presure should be in a tyre?

Old December 22nd 08, 08:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Axi

Default How hard presure should be in a tyre?

So how hard presure should be in my tire? Im gona try to learn jumping.
Is there any differences between TRIAL tyre and ordinary one?

--
Axi
Old December 22nd 08, 09:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

mill_mobile;1155588 wrote:
As much pressure as it takes your hands to use the mouse and keyboard to
search and obtain the required data without starting another thread when
there is an abundance of info on such a topic on the forums already.

i'm sure the search function can bring up thousands of posts just like
yours as well, so why don't you use the search to find those since you
are so accustomed to it.

ordinary tires should be hard... usually a few psi shy of max
recommended... i have one that says 30psi and another that says 120psi
(i fill it up to 60 or so, that's plenty for it to be rock hard...
trials tires... soft, but not too soft(you don't want the rim banging
on things)... don't ask specifics, or even more specific ranges, nobody
but yourself can decide that one... but i will tell you it will be 15-30
PSI for a trials tire... and if thats what you are looking for, change
it and figure out what you like, don't let ppl influence that one.

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

'MY VIDEOS' (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)
'World Record' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oig5IEq-v4Y)
"dude when i first got into this sport and saw one of you videos i
almost threw up it was so sick"
Old December 22nd 08, 09:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mill_mobile

'A simple search, looking for tire pressure and psi, showing threads
with more than 5 replies. You might also find more results spelling tire
the other way (tyre).' (http://tinyurl.com/8anbeu)

--
mill_mobile
Old December 22nd 08, 09:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Short answer:
Enough to keep your rim off the ground

Detailed answer:
Basically, enough to keep your rim off the ground.

Notes:
There are no numbers for this, because it depends on your weight, tire
size and width, and other factors. So just keep your rim off the ground
and you're fine.

Skrobo wrote:
i'm sure the search function can bring up thousands of posts just like
yours as well,

Yeah, but he would have to use the search to do that.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"False facts are frequently formed from figures fabricated from fear
fired fiction." -- Harper
Old December 22nd 08, 09:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nimblelight

Sorry for the mixed metaphor, but it should be as hard as a rope.

--
nimblelight

'Front page unicycle article'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=72686).
Old December 22nd 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

mill_mobile;1155614 wrote:
'A simple search, looking for tire pressure and psi, showing threads
with more than 5 replies. You might also find more results spelling tire
the other way (tyre).' (http://tinyurl.com/8anbeu)

well... here's your search, i went ahead and went through the effort in
case you didn't 'search function' (http://tinyurl.com/8x987w)

Old December 23rd 08, 02:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
timekeeper

None of those search links work.

For trials, I adjust my PSI to get a good bounce out of my tire when I
jump but still enough to keep the rim from bottoming out. Mess around
with it.

--
timekeeper
Old December 23rd 08, 03:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mill_mobile

timekeeper;1155961 wrote:
None of those search links work.

.

Well it works here when i click on mine.

--
mill_mobile
Old December 23rd 08, 08:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Axi

Yeah, but he would have to use the search to do that.

I got your point! Besides I did use the search, I didnt use more that
2-5 minutes to that, but I did use the search.

Thanks, for all those who answered to my question.

--
Axi