For anyone who lives near San Diego-Need your help!

Old January 4th 09, 01:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Default For anyone who lives near San Diego-Need your help!

Sorry for the short notice, but I'm driving to Noble Canyon tomorrow
morning (Sunday, 1/4/09) to do the epic 11 mile downhill technical MUni
ride! It's located in Pine Valley, inland from San Diego's coast. This
is one of the MUni rides that was part of CMW 2008.

I plan to arrive about 8am at the lower parking area, get a ride to the
top, and start the Muni ride back down. I need someone who can meet me
there, or I could pick you up on my way there, as long as it's not too
far out of the way.

I can offer $50 cash for your time. I will supply the camcorder, and no
zooming or focusing is needed, so it's very easy. You just need a steady
hand to "track" me as I ride. We will stop a lot to film along the way
down. Even though you will behind the camera for all the filming, you
will be in the credits as the filmer. And you don't need to be an
expert at MUni, as you can simply walk around any parts that are too
difficult. I also have a spare KH MUni and also extra 661's if you don't
have them. You could also bring a MTB if you'd rather ride a bike. It's
up to you.

You would need a backpack with at least 70-100oz of water. I will bring
food. This will be pretty much all downhill so no real climbing since
this is done as a shuttle. If you can do this, please PM me asap so we
can confirm things.

If you *can*drive and meet me there, then we will use either your car
or mine to take us to the top, and leave the other car at the lower
area. Thanks!

--
MuniAddict

::'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com)

'' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/member.php?u=12920)::
Old January 4th 09, 01:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

PS: If I can't find anyone to do it, it's no problem. I know this was
extremely short notice and everybody may already have plans, so no
worries. I will just use mr. tripod, as usual. (Won't look as good
but better than nothing! )

Old January 5th 09, 03:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
crazyjoe

How did Mr. Tripod do? Or did you find anyone?

--
crazyjoe

*'uniproshop.com' (http://uniproshop.com)*
*'MySpace' (http://myspace.com/myspace_joespace)*
*'deviantART' (http://thecrazyjoe.deviantart.com/)*
Old January 5th 09, 03:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

crazyjoe;1164430 wrote:
How did Mr. Tripod do? Or did you find anyone?

Decided to wait for warmer weather; it was only 28 degrees F at 9am! I
forgot that because the ride starts at 5,000 feet, it's even colder up
there this time of year!

Plus, I got in touch with the same guy that did the filming for my
"Iron Man" vid a while back-and he wants to do it-but also suggested
that we wait for warmer temps. That means probably at least March. But
it will be worth the wait to do it right!

Old January 5th 09, 05:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tyler_N

I could to come along and film for you. I only went to cmw one day and i
missed that ride.

--
Tyler_N

*uniproshop.com*
'' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTWXrpx-vnc)
'My latest video!' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6PPpcKrm1A)

'*MYSPACE*' (myspace.com/munirider)
Old January 5th 09, 07:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
crazyjoe

Yeah it was very cold at the start if the ride in October!

By the time March comes around, I will have a 24" MUni. I did the 12
mile ride on my 20" at CMW. I'm sure with a 24 it will be much more fun,
and even I might want to do that ride when you go. I might be gone for
the first half of March, though, but I'm not sure yet.

Post Script

It says on 'Moab's website' (http://www.discovermoab.com/calendar.htm)
that the dates for the MUni fest are already decided on. I'm surprised
there isn't a thread for it yet.

--
crazyjoe

*'uniproshop.com' (http://uniproshop.com)*
*'MySpace' (http://myspace.com/myspace_joespace)*
*'deviantART' (http://thecrazyjoe.deviantart.com/)*

Hey, who lives near Rimrock, AZ? andrewfif Unicycling 0 March 7th 07 03:24 AM
another fixie lives ... Kim Australia 7 September 21st 05 11:07 AM
How the other 90% lives Claire General 19 January 26th 05 03:07 AM
Cateye may have up to nine lives [email protected] Mountain Biking 2 September 5th 04 10:06 PM
Swearing On Lives of Others B. Lafferty Racing 39 August 24th 04 11:58 PM