Giraffe performing

Old September 3rd 03, 03:12 PM
GILD

Default Giraffe performing

dustin wrote:
*it depends what you do with it. *

where have i heard that line before?

as to the yukky raffying, it was two hours of me playing with one of my
toys that paid me half of what i paid for the raffie in the first
place

call me a capitalist, but that was a LOT of fun

--
GILD - Waffle-tosser

The only difference between me and a madman is that i'm not mad.
Pablo Picasso

'this will only take a minute...(fixed)'
(http://www.burmacampaign.org.uk/actions/un.htm)

JUST SAY 'KNOW'!

Namaste!
Dave

Old September 3rd 03, 04:07 PM
chirokid

dustin wrote:
* People often ask me which unicycle is the hardest one to ride (I
use 8 different uni's when performing), to which I say "Your first
one." *

"Your first one." Nice line Dustin! --chirokid--

--
chirokid

"Unicycling can make you proud then humble in very quick succession."
Mikefule

chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

Old September 3rd 03, 04:35 PM
Memphis Mud

chirokid wrote:
*

This sounds awesome MM. Any pictures? Where did you get the gun?
--chirokid-- *

Sorry no pix of the bubble shooting guns. Like a pistol and the little
bottle of soapy stuff screws on up in front of the triggerguard. Kind of
like a goofy non-threatening disney version of an old German Machine
Pistol.

Walmart on sale at the time: $4 for two. Kind of cheap. Only one still
works well after only one gig. Takes a couple of AA bateries. You pull
the trigger and whiiiiirrrrrrrrrr...tiny stream of bubbles.

Spring for a "good" one if such a thing exists.

tom.

--
Memphis Mud - Student of GrandMaster 2T

Mantra: Avoid Hitting Tailbone...Avoid Hitting Tailbone...
Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987

Old September 3rd 03, 05:43 PM
johnfoss

evilewan wrote:
*its much more funn to do tricks on a real unicycle.*

So what's a real unicycle? Any with pedals on the wheel axle, or is it
limited to certain wheel sizes, etc.?

In walkaround-type entertainment, the giraffe rules.
*some promoters realy like the girrafe though. and the public are all
dumb enough to think its harder than a real unicycle.*

Walkaround, as opposed to a focused show, is all about being visible. In
a walkaround situation, such as what Gild was hired for, promoters
usually aren't interested in tricks on a "small" unicycle. The guy on
the giraffe sticks well up above the crowd and provides a large
"decoration" or "backdrop" to the event. Anything to make the performer
even larger, such as twirling a big ribbon (the bigger the better) or
juggling fire, will make an even larger impression, and will generally
be favored by the sponsors.

For a focused show, that's where you want to rivet and amaze your
audience. Especially a busking show, where you have to grab them and
keep them until hat time. Then you need to impress them with either
skill, comedy, or personality and tricks on the small uni pay off much
better.
*i was busking at the edinburgh festival not long ago and i was the
only one to do a single unicycle trick. out of dozens of performers, *

But who brought home the biggest hat? The true test of the most
successful performance

Of course you can be an artist, and be more concerned about the show
than the hat, but to truly follow that philosophy, you should forego the
hat completely, especially when there are other buskers around.

--
johnfoss - Now riding to work

John Foss
the Uni-Cyclone
www.unicycling.com

"Where's my kids?" -- Amy Drummond
"Where's my unicycle?" -- Andy Cotter
spoken one right after the other, mostly to themselves, at NAUCC 2003