Anyone fancy free entry to a club this weekend for doing some unicycling? *London*

Old November 20th 08, 02:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MrBoogiejuice

Default Anyone fancy free entry to a club this weekend for doing some unicycling? *London*

It's at SE One in London and the night is called Luminopolis. It used to
be known as Synergy and is a cracking night out. There are loads of
different music styles and fun things to do.

I did it for the last one and just had to spend an hour riding outside
for people in the queue and then had the whole night to enjoy.

If anyone's interested give me a shout.

There's also a night in Manchester on the 12th of December that are
looking for people to juggle or unicycle. It's a similar sort of deal
and another fun night but a bit less musical variety.

If anyone's interested give me a shout and I'll pass on your e-mail
address to the relevant folk.

--
MrBoogiejuice

---unicycle for Horst---
Make crumbs not War!
www.unicyclepics.co.uk Get your pics out!
www.Dreadworx.co.uk For proper natty dreads
Old November 20th 08, 06:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

How'd you land this gig?

Talk with the club owner / manager? Have a friend that works there?

What was your "sales pitch"? I'd like to find a similar gig in San
Francisco...

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire
Old November 20th 08, 10:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MrBoogiejuice

Erm, the Manchester one I was contacted through a music forum and the
London one was through a magician friend.

Promoters are generally the people to talk to for this sort of thing.
Them or join an agency.

I can't say I've really given a pitch, just sent photo's to give an
idea of what I can do after being approached or put in touch with the
relevant person.

It's quite easy over here to get work as a walk-about (or roll-about)
act at festivals which is another good blag to get into fun spaces.

Old November 21st 08, 01:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

Some friends of mine have worked some clubs in the area doing similar
things, but I have yet to find a larger club that plays music I like in
Ottawa, seems like I'm stuck in the small ones for now.

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)