When's the next UK muni event?

Old September 1st 05, 09:56 PM
phil

Default When's the next UK muni event?

It's been getting worse, these last few weeks. It's difficult to notice
unless you stop and think, but it's definitely there, and slowly it's
making itself known. The twitches... the cold sweats... that funny
feeling when your legs no longer have that reassuring dull ache from the
last ride. It's no good, I need my next fix!

So... when is the next British Muni Weekend? And where?

Not that I'm dropping any hints, but I was in the Peak District on
Tuesday, riding the bike over Cut Gate, a bridleway from the top of
Derwent Reservoir over the hill to Langsett. It was blummin' great...
bits of everything ranging from silly steep and technical to
fast'n'swoopy. Marvellous fun.

There seems to be an awful lot of riding to be had in the Peaks, but
I've only ever ridden there twice. This situation must be resolved, I
feel.

Go oooooooooon, you know you want to...

Phil

--
phil - ex-studenty type

Good, bad... I'm the guy with the Cattle Prod.
phil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915

Old September 1st 05, 10:32 PM
unicus

That would be...cough…joe…cough...a nice...cough…marshall…cough...idea.

--
unicus - I need to change this

'Photos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Photos-from-unicus)
'Videos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/unicus)
unicus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/869

Old September 2nd 05, 08:57 AM
Loosemoose

I've been thinking about this recently too, and since I went to the
North Shore in Bristol, I've been desperate to try and organise
something for there. Its an incredible place, and they'll open it any
day of the week if there are more than 7 people (paying £70 between all
participants I think). They'll allow camping in the field above the
course for large groups (I think, might be worth an e-mail if we
seriously consider it)

As far as the course goes its incredible, technical swoopy downhill
courses, rooty cross trails & of course north shore obstacles. It is
also only across the motorway from the quantocks. There's a lot there
for any rider.

Loose.

--
Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
Officially a  & ~ expert.

_no1_quote_of_crawley_2005:_
Leigh: "Where's Trevor"
Baz: "I think he's upstairs, balancing The Bishop"
Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

Old September 2nd 05, 01:41 PM
nickjb

I'm happy to organise a South Wales get togteher if people are keen (But
we were here recently so somewhere else would be fun, too). There is a
new, improved campsite at Afan.

There is alao a bit of a do on in a couple of weeks if anyone is
interested: http://www.skylinecycles.co.uk/id10.html

Nick

--
nickjb - I've lost a wheel (apparently)
nickjb's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1074

Old September 2nd 05, 02:29 PM
andyparry

But which legend would organise such a great weekend?

arr the...

Joys
Of
Expeditions

Mountains
And
Riding
Should
Help
All
Lazy
Lunatics

--
andyparry
andyparry's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8106

Old September 2nd 05, 05:07 PM
MrBoogiejuice

I'd love to finally get myself to a BMW. Here's another vote for a
weekend in the peak district. If it were in the peak district ther'd
probably be a contingent of about 4 Macclesfield people I could get
together.

--
MrBoogiejuice - Who's mate Your mate My mate Marmot

Throwing down shapes in the Church of Dance since 1983.

Make crumbs not War!

MrBoogiejuice's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5515

Old September 4th 05, 05:25 PM
sarah.miller

Hrey Boogiejuice.
ick a weekend, pick a campsite, pick a couple of routes ( talk to Phil
if you ned to). Call it a BMW and away you go. BMW is proabadly the
easist unicycle event to organise, a good one to start with.
Sarah
NO I'M NOT ORGANISING ONE THIS YEAR.

--
sarah.miller - SWUM unicyclist

South West Unicycle Meet
www.uk.unicyclist.com/swum.html
sarah.miller's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1694

Old September 4th 05, 09:53 PM
amanda.gallacher

Loosemoose wrote:
*I've been thinking about this recently too, and since I went to the
North Shore in Bristol, I've been desperate to try and organise
something for there. Its an incredible place, and they'll open it any
day of the week if there are more than 7 people (paying £70 between
all participants I think). They'll allow camping in the field above
the course for large groups (I think, might be worth an e-mail if we
seriously consider it)

As far as the course goes its incredible, technical swoopy downhill
courses, rooty cross trails & of course north shore obstacles. It is
also only across the motorway from the quantocks. There's a lot there
for any rider.

Loose. *

I like the sound of that. thanks loose for volunteering I expect i
could get quite a few people to go wherever it is as long as its not too
far.

--
amanda.gallacher - pretty skilled

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/free4all?page=8
click on 'one wheeled madness (pretty good quality)'.

ChangingLINKS.com - 'Amanda rocks!'
fcwegnm0b - 'Amanda you are awesome!'
amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

Old September 4th 05, 10:05 PM
Loosemoose

I'm not sure if they let under 16s on the park, which kind of rules it
out for a serious Muni Weekend. Maybe we should try a different tack...
I'm going to be in southampton from the 2nd of october (university).
I'll 'scope' the place, check for decent trails and stuff, especially in
the New Forest, and report back. In the mean time someone else will have
to decide that the 'Malvern Hills' (http://tinyurl.com/b98r3) look like
a fantastic place to have a Muni Weekend .

Failing that, I'm planning on having a barbecue up my local Muni spot
next weekend. Its a country park, loads of fabulous routes & lines and
you could easily spend all say there. Less of a Muni Weekend and more of
a Muni Day, but I'll look into other possibilities for the sunday if you
like .

Loose.