Santa Cruz / Bay area Muni Rides

Old December 13th 04, 03:06 AM
corbin

Default Santa Cruz / Bay area Muni Rides

Hi All,
I setup a mailing list for Santa Cruz / Bay area Muni rides (and coker,
if you want). Visit:

for more info.

My mock web page is at:

http://www.bluetreesoft.com/muni/

Today we (11 riders) rode Mount Diablo:

http://tinyurl.com/5dwnl

Hopefully Nathan, Scot and/or John will post some pics soon too.

--corbin

--
corbin - Treehouse Muni Rider

http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
corbin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7561

Old December 13th 04, 06:36 AM
nathan

It was a great day for Muni today. Fog was everywhere but as we drove up
Mt Diablo in the morning, we punched through into the sun. From about
2000', the top half of the mountain was beautiful. After leaving a car
at the bottom, we crammed 12 people and 11 unicycles into 2 cars and
drove to just below the summit. The descent took about 3 hours, all on
singletrack or fireroad. It was great but seeing so many of the young
guys gliding down makes we want to finally learn how!

Here are 16 photos:
http://community.webshots.com/album/231520437snyIeC

---Nathan

--
nathan - BIG rides: Muni & Coker
nathan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/251

Old December 14th 04, 06:23 AM
johnfoss

Yes to the gliding. That's one item on my 'Things not to do' page that's
definitely outdated by this point.
(http://www.unicycling.com/things/index.htm#29)

That was a great ride. As usual, I'm a lot slower to get my pictures up
where people can see them, but they'll find their way to Smugmug
eventually.

Boy are my quads & calves sore. Riding down beats up the muscles worse
than riding up!

Thanks everyone for setting it up! I'm planning an Auburn-area group
ride for the end of January. I'll send out an email to the group soon.

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"It's good to find something that makes boys into men and men into boys,
my opinion is that unicycling fits the bill." -- Lloyd Johnson

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old December 14th 04, 06:54 PM
mscalisi

You guys will have to do that ride again sometime when I can make it!!
I'm still suck in class looking at your pics and filled with envy!

--
mscalisi - Not such a newbie anymore
mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961

Old December 14th 04, 07:56 PM
Jester2000

I. Can. Not. Walk.

My legs have never been this sore. Wow. It seriously pains me to walk,
haha. Man... shoulda stretched better!

But it was all worth it, what a fun ride. Nice photos Corbin and
Nathan!! John, I'll be looking forward to yours!

Later,

Jess

--
Jester2000 - I'm making a pink giraffe

Code:
--------------------
|##################################|
|#######/___ ___/#################|
|##########/ /#####################|
|#########/ // _ \/ __// ___/######|
|###\ \##/ // ___/\__ \\__ \######|

Jester2000's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3662

Old December 14th 04, 09:27 PM
corbin

That's way funny. My leg's are a little sore, but I think it isn't all
that bad since I now have a brake (as you all heard, going down the
hill).

Louise is sore too...she can barely walk. So, you aren't alone!