M2 Cyclelane gone - NEXT M4, 5 & 7

Old April 26th 07, 01:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

Default M2 Cyclelane gone - NEXT M4, 5 & 7

Parbs wrote:
scotty72 wrote:

Unless you start making some serious noise and action - your chickens
are about to come home to roost.

I don't have any chickens.

We just got another 6, making 11 altogether. They head back to their
henhouse home to roost every night. Is that a problem?

Theo

Old April 26th 07, 08:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Parbs

Theo Bekkers wrote:

We just got another 6, making 11 altogether. They head back to their
henhouse home to roost every night. Is that a problem?

I think that's OK as long as they don't use the M4. Chickens are going
to banned from the M4 apparently and soon there will be no where that
the chickens can cross the road.

Parbs
Old April 26th 07, 09:45 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2007-04-26, Parbs (aka Bruce)
Theo Bekkers wrote:

We just got another 6, making 11 altogether. They head back to their
henhouse home to roost every night. Is that a problem?

I think that's OK as long as they don't use the M4. Chickens are going
to banned from the M4 apparently and soon there will be no where that
the chickens can cross the road.

But why would a chicken cross the road?

--
TimC
FORTRAN is a good example of a language which is easier to parse
Old April 26th 07, 10:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Fractal

"scotty72" wrote in message

Sydney siders prepare for a battle

TransUrban (owners of the M2), you know the ones who screwed us over
royally and banned us from the M2, look set to take control of the M4,
M7 and M5.

There is a long standing desire to widen the M5.

So all you people who did nothing when we were losing the M2 and
thought "We'll just ride somewhere else" - well - you're about to be
banned from everywhere else.

Unless you start making some serious noise and action - your chickens
are about to come home to roost.
'
' (http://tinyurl.com/35xc5j) *http://tinyurl.com/35xc5j

At least the RTA wants us on the road. The new Seacliff bridge at Stanwell
Park did have a shared cycle/footway on one side but recently they say it
is to be declared pedestrians only and cyclists are supposed to use 1.2 m
shoulders. Have ridden it a couple of times and the surface at least is
great, and traffic want very heavy- only went south, dont know what it is
like heading north, with a fasat downhill to start with - would you stay in
a 1.2 m shoulder for that?

fb

Old April 26th 07, 12:19 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Dave

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 18:45:41 +1000, TimC wrote:

But why would a chicken cross the road?

To stage a protest against being banned from doing so

--
Dave Hughes |
"Two of my imaginary friends reproduced once ... with negative results."
Old April 26th 07, 04:07 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Campag_nut

Erm,

Dis chickin den, would that be African or European?

CN

Old April 27th 07, 12:03 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

Campag_nut wrote:
Erm,

Dis chickin den, would that be African or European?

De rooster is a Barneveld, so dey is half Dutch.

Theo