Glenvale crits

Old October 29th 07, 04:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB

Default Glenvale crits

Can anyone tell me if you can still get a day license for Glenvale
crits, last time I was there (the day FD had a great fall) you could get
a day license for $19 or thereabouts. Also what distance is D-grade? I'm
thinking of giving it a crack for a couple of weeks as a decent workout
leading up to Oly distance tri in Jan.

DaveB
Old October 29th 07, 05:33 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

On Oct 29, 3:51 pm, DaveB wrote:
Can anyone tell me if you can still get a day license for Glenvale
crits, last time I was there (the day FD had a great fall) you could get
a day license for $19 or thereabouts. Also what distance is D-grade? I'm
thinking of giving it a crack for a couple of weeks as a decent workout
leading up to Oly distance tri in Jan.

I'd ask Mal Sawford, I think his contact details are on the CCCC
website. There's no set distance, D grade will be 45mins + 3 laps.
Av speeds for D grade are usually around 36km/h

Old October 29th 07, 09:03 AM posted to aus.bicycle
rmr

On Oct 29, 3:51 pm, DaveB wrote:
Can anyone tell me if you can still get a day license for Glenvale
crits, last time I was there (the day FD had a great fall) you could get
a day license for $19 or thereabouts. Also what distance is D-grade? I'm
thinking of giving it a crack for a couple of weeks as a decent workout
leading up to Oly distance tri in Jan.

DaveB

Great, the last thing an over crowded Glenvale needs is another tri
guy using a crit as a training session. Remember to get to the front,
chug away in a big gear, never initiate an attack but always chase one
down, do this for 40 min, feel great, get a nice photo and a mention
in the race report. Remember to break into the corners, when you do
get in the bunch, half wheel then drop the wheel the freak out by the
closeness of it all.

Save yourself the $30 and stick to a good beach road hitout.

Old October 29th 07, 09:34 AM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz[_250_]

rmr Wrote:
Save yourself the $30 and stick to a good beach road hitout.

And who said snobbery in cycling was dead !??!?

--
MikeyOz

Old October 29th 07, 09:38 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB[_2_]

rmr wrote:

Great, the last thing an over crowded Glenvale needs is another tri
guy using a crit as a training session. Remember to get to the front,
chug away in a big gear, never initiate an attack but always chase one
down, do this for 40 min, feel great, get a nice photo and a mention
in the race report. Remember to break into the corners, when you do
get in the bunch, half wheel then drop the wheel the freak out by the
closeness of it all.

Save yourself the $30 and stick to a good beach road hitout.

Hmmmm must remember to put the tri bars on as well COUGH loser /COUGH.

DaveB
Old October 29th 07, 09:54 AM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz[_251_]

DaveB Wrote:

Hmmmm must remember to put the tri bars on as well COUGH loser
/COUGH.

Solid rear wheel and your split bottle cage holder on the seat post
WHen the race starts just yell out "follow me" and off you go

I took the plunge and did my first race at St Kilda on the weekend, I
was in D grade, I spent 60% of the time out the front, chased down a
break away with about 4 laps to go that nobody was going to chase down
and a young kid that did nothing the entire race, just beat me in a
sprint to the line and apparently he has placed numerous times in d
grade already, when talking to other guys in the race afterwards, but
anyway it was kind of fun, although I'm not sure its my cup of tea, but
I will probably do 2 more seen as I bought a 3 race license.

The course is pretty good, not really tight or anything so I felt very
safe in the race, was pretty nervous about it at the start, but settled
down a bit, even though I had a fever on the morning, doh..!

--
MikeyOz

Old October 29th 07, 10:07 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

MikeyOz wrote:
rmr Wrote:
Save yourself the $30 and stick to a good beach road hitout.

And who said snobbery in cycling was dead !??!?

No-one reading this group. :-)

Theo

Old October 31st 07, 02:49 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB[_2_]

MikeyOz wrote:

I took the plunge and did my first race at St Kilda on the weekend, I
was in D grade, I spent 60% of the time out the front, chased down a
break away with about 4 laps to go that nobody was going to chase down
and a young kid that did nothing the entire race, just beat me in a
sprint to the line and apparently he has placed numerous times in d
grade already, when talking to other guys in the race afterwards, but
anyway it was kind of fun, although I'm not sure its my cup of tea, but
I will probably do 2 more seen as I bought a 3 race license.

So does that mean you are back in good health again Mikey? Or do you
have to stick to smaller events?

DaveB
Old November 2nd 07, 11:14 PM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz[_252_]

DaveB Wrote:
So does that mean you are back in good health again Mikey? Or do you
have to stick to smaller events?

Sorry Dave I don't post much these days I am working 5 days a week now

I have my feel really good days where I feel like I can ride and ride
and feel very strong and days where I feel pretty garbage, I find I
really have to watch my diet and cut down on a lot of the garbage, so
basically it is a day to day thing, if I feel good I got out and make
the most of it, if not just do whatever I can.

--
MikeyOz

Old November 3rd 07, 09:52 PM posted to aus.bicycle
essendon93[_23_]

Dave make sure there's air in your tyres this time round. Enjoy

--
essendon93

RR Glenvale crits 20.11.05 C grade flyingdutch Australia 26 November 22nd 05 01:06 PM
RR Glenvale crits 20.11.05 C grade flyingdutch Australia 4 November 21st 05 04:54 AM
Glenvale D or E grade? DaveB Australia 43 April 23rd 05 01:43 PM
BR?? - Glenvale Crits Gags Australia 10 April 23rd 05 01:06 PM
Glenvale C-Grade 13-Mar-05 RR hippy Australia 2 March 14th 05 12:39 AM