Order a pair of tires or 3 tires?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 11th 06, 03:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
RS

Default Order a pair of tires or 3 tires?

Ok, maybe a silly question but I've been cycling about a year now
and notice the rear tires wear out much quicker then the front
tires. I have 2 bikes, went through one set of tires on one. Now
on one bike I have a set of Michelin Pro2Race and Continental
Contacts on the other. Both rears wearing significantly faster, I"m
190 pounds. Do long time cyclists buy three tires and just replace
the rear one when its worn or buy a pair and rotate when
necesary?