Olympic RR coverage blame game

Old August 2nd 12, 08:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

Default Olympic RR coverage blame game

Good article in bicycling magazine.
http://bicycling.com/blogs/boulderre...he-blame-game/

Old August 2nd 12, 09:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mower Man

On 02/08/2012 8:07 PM, atriage wrote:
Good article in bicycling magazine.
http://bicycling.com/blogs/boulderre...he-blame-game/

Great link, thanks. So all that stuff about twitter was obfuscation of
the highest (Gold?) order. Whatever, I suspect it influenced the race -
and certainly influenced my enjoyment of it as I watched the finish on a
big screen in Mickleham...

--
Chris

'Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it
every six months.'

(Oscar Wilde.)
Old August 2nd 12, 09:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael[_10_]

On Thursday, August 2, 2012 3:43:41 PM UTC-5, Mower Man wrote:
On 02/08/2012 8:07 PM, atriage wrote:

Good article in bicycling magazine.

http://bicycling.com/blogs/boulderre...he-blame-game/

Great link, thanks. So all that stuff about twitter was obfuscation of

the highest (Gold?) order. Whatever, I suspect it influenced the race -

and certainly influenced my enjoyment of it as I watched the finish on a

big screen in Mickleham...

--

Chris

'Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it

every six months.'

(Oscar Wilde.)

I just figured they weren't nearly as good as the French in producing a first-rate broadcast because they weren't as experienced with televised road racing. It was fine. I'm glad I had a chance to see it. What was more interesting to me was that the riders did not have race radios, and I wonder if this is a major reason why they miscalculated in chasing down the break. Maybe the riders are now dependent on the radios.

Mike
Old August 2nd 12, 10:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 02/08/2012 21:43, Mower Man wrote:
On 02/08/2012 8:07 PM, atriage wrote:
Good article in bicycling magazine.
http://bicycling.com/blogs/boulderre...he-blame-game/

Great link, thanks. So all that stuff about twitter was obfuscation of the
highest (Gold?) order. Whatever, I suspect it influenced the race - and
certainly influenced my enjoyment of it as I watched the finish on a big screen
in Mickleham...

Yeah, I was bit of an agnostic on the race radios subject but now I think I've
swung round to being in favour of them.

Old August 3rd 12, 12:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mower Man

On 02/08/2012 10:03 PM, atriage wrote:
On 02/08/2012 21:43, Mower Man wrote:
On 02/08/2012 8:07 PM, atriage wrote:
Good article in bicycling magazine.
http://bicycling.com/blogs/boulderre...he-blame-game/

Great link, thanks. So all that stuff about twitter was obfuscation of
the
highest (Gold?) order. Whatever, I suspect it influenced the race - and
certainly influenced my enjoyment of it as I watched the finish on a
big screen
in Mickleham...

Yeah, I was bit of an agnostic on the race radios subject but now I
think I've swung round to being in favour of them.

As have I. Clearly an Olympic event should be as well equipped as a
Grand Tour, I think.

Old August 3rd 12, 09:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

atriage a écrit profondement:

| Yeah, I was bit of an agnostic on the race radios subject but now I
| think I've swung round to being in favour of them.

Race Radios?

Just another form of cheating.

--
Davey Crockett