A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » Australia
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Australian cycling clothing design/manufacturers



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 5th 07, 02:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 484
Default Australian cycling clothing design/manufacturers

Can anyone recommend a designer/manufacturer who can make team uniforms?
--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
Ads
  #3  
Old April 5th 07, 03:56 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_60_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default Australian cycling clothing design/manufacturers


Bean Long Wrote:
Can anyone recommend a designer/manufacturer who can make team
uniforms?


No not directly - but I'll add my 2c + rant.

Whenever I've asked or been involved in custom kit there always seems
to be long delays and politics involved. I guess the actual process is
tricky with design, size, small runs costing lots of cash. Still.... as
an ignorant consumer I'll exercise my right to *meeehhhh wave hands just
fix it*

It hurts my brain just thinking about getting 'Team Lama' kit printed
up...


--
gplama

  #4  
Old April 5th 07, 04:34 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Harng Goh
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 35
Default Australian cycling clothing design/manufacturers


roshea wrote:
Bean Long Wrote:
Can anyone recommend a designer/manufacturer who can make team uniforms?I have no personal experience with any of these, but:


Cannibal
http://www.cannibal.com.au/team.html

Rowbust
http://www.rowbust.com/

Netti
http://www.netti.com.au/teamwear/teamwear.htm
http://www.netti.com.au/custteam/custcont.html

Scody
http://www.scody.com.au/custom/index.htm
http://pelotongear.com/custom.php

Body Torque
http://www.bodytorque.com.au/index.p...ion=customgear

Santini @ Bikesportz
http://www.bikesportz.com.au/product...emi/intro.html

Ventou
http://www.ventou.com.au/pages2/cycling.html

Uno
http://www.unoclothing.com/
http://www.cyclingsports.com.au/Club_Corp_Printing.htm

Gomo
http://www.gomosportswear.com.au/?p_id=909&cat=909

Giramondo
http://www.giramondo.com.au/

Bluefrog
http://www.bluefrog.net.au/cycling.htm

Rider Sportswear
http://www.ridersportswear.com.au/sp...ar_cycling.php

2XU
http://www.2xu.com.au


--
roshea



The peeps over at BV forums just got together a order of 40-odd sets
of Santini bib knicks through Bikesportz. Read about it he
http://www.bv.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3869

With the "custom" design they managed to get the bib knicks for $125
each, versus retail price of $200 for the plain version. It took over
a month for a design to be agreed on and for Bikesports/Santini to
confirm. Still waiting to see the product though. Lead time is about 2
months!

I remember seeing a website for a local place that would do small run
cycling uniforms using dye-sublimation printing for a reasonable
price. Will see if if my google-fu is good enough to find it again.

  #5  
Old April 5th 07, 04:35 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 484
Default Australian cycling clothing design/manufacturers

roshea wrote:
Bean Long Wrote:
Can anyone recommend a designer/manufacturer who can make team uniforms?I have no personal experience with any of these, but:


Cannibal
http://www.cannibal.com.au/team.html...



Oooh! lots. Many thanks!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
  #6  
Old April 5th 07, 05:10 AM posted to aus.bicycle
roshea[_25_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default Australian cycling clothing design/manufacturers


I think ABOC get theirs from Rowbust, so Bleve may have some idea about
lead times and numbers for that lot.

Santini - yeah, very slow turnaround from them and 8 weeks from
approval of design to production date and I don't know how long it will
take them to get the goods to us after that. That idea started out as a
way to get the $200 nicks for $125, but they wouldn't let us without a
design . . . .


--
roshea

  #7  
Old April 5th 07, 05:18 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,258
Default Australian cycling clothing design/manufacturers

On Apr 5, 2:10 pm, roshea [email protected]
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
I think ABOC get theirs from Rowbust, so Bleve may have some idea about
lead times and numbers for that lot.


yep, I use Rowbust. Minimum order is 10 of a particular item - ie: 10
jerseys
or 10 knicks etc, *not* 5 jerseys & 5 knicks.

I've been very happy with their service, although. like anyone,
sometimes they make mistakes but when they do they're honest and easy
to work with to fix the problems. They used to be in Collingwood but
are now out in Williamstown.

Cost=- I think from memory it's $150 setup (once-off per type) and
then $90 for jerseys, $80 for standard knicks and $90 for B&B knicks.
All have a good 3D chamois (I've tested, works ... 2 x melbourne to
warnambool's in them .. they work). There's now a womens chamois that
they offer too, although I can't say I've tested it, the operation is
next week ...

The alert will notice that aboc kit is sold at cost I *should* give
it away, but don't make enough money to do that




  #8  
Old April 5th 07, 05:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,258
Default Australian cycling clothing design/manufacturers


I forgot to mention, about 4-6 weeks turnaround, sometimes I've had
stuff in 3 weeks. They have an inhouse designer (I'm not a big fan of
his work, but YMMV), or you can do your own (I did ... it's easy
enough once you get your head around illustrator), with an Adobe
Illustrator template. If you want a copy of mine, you can have it to
hack on. They have templates for windvests, armwarmers and a short
sleeve skinsuit - and soon (I'm working on it ...using my best powers
of persuasion) a long sleeve skinsuit I hope.

  #9  
Old April 5th 07, 05:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 484
Default Australian cycling clothing design/manufacturers

Bleve wrote:
I forgot to mention, about 4-6 weeks turnaround, sometimes I've had
stuff in 3 weeks. They have an inhouse designer (I'm not a big fan of
his work, but YMMV), or you can do your own (I did ... it's easy
enough once you get your head around illustrator), with an Adobe
Illustrator template. If you want a copy of mine, you can have it to
hack on. They have templates for windvests, armwarmers and a short
sleeve skinsuit - and soon (I'm working on it ...using my best powers
of persuasion) a long sleeve skinsuit I hope.


Thanks for the info Bleve. We'd love to play with a template if you're
happy for me to have a copy.

Cheers,
--
Bean

"I've got a bike
You can ride it if you like
It's got a basket
A bell that rings
And things to make it look good
I'd give it to you if I could
But I borrowed it" Pink Floyd

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
  #10  
Old April 5th 07, 06:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,258
Default Australian cycling clothing design/manufacturers

On Apr 5, 2:51 pm, Bean Long wrote:
Bleve wrote:
I forgot to mention, about 4-6 weeks turnaround, sometimes I've had
stuff in 3 weeks. They have an inhouse designer (I'm not a big fan of
his work, but YMMV), or you can do your own (I did ... it's easy
enough once you get your head around illustrator), with an Adobe
Illustrator template. If you want a copy of mine, you can have it to
hack on. They have templates for windvests, armwarmers and a short
sleeve skinsuit - and soon (I'm working on it ...using my best powers
of persuasion) a long sleeve skinsuit I hope.


Thanks for the info Bleve. We'd love to play with a template if you're
happy for me to have a copy.


Send me an email offline.



 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
{Vic} Australian Open Road Cycling Championships cfsmtb Australia 6 January 12th 07 09:09 PM
Australian National Cycling Strategy 2005-2010 Peka Australia 1 December 12th 05 10:51 PM
Australian Design Standards ( Helmets ) Ian Jey Australia 12 November 10th 04 05:22 AM
Drug scandal rocks Australian cycling DRS Australia 144 July 6th 04 08:49 AM
Most Popular Australian Cycling Magazine lincolnr Australia 1 June 29th 03 12:10 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.