Interesting UCI about turn

Old August 3rd 12, 08:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

Default Interesting UCI about turn

What's going on here?
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12...oceedings.aspx

Old August 4th 12, 09:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

atriage a écrit profondement:

| What's going on here?

I sincerly hope that question is rhetorical.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Verbruggen, via the medium
of his Gopher, Phatty McQuaid, would like to derail the proceedings.

Some miscreants even believe that Super****** has chucked a few Roubles
into the UCI coffers or augmented the pension plans of one or two UCI
officials/employees.

And if the suspensions/allegations currently under review are found to
be valid, there will indeed be "Consternation in the Convent" and
millions of punterz wondering why they cheered for Lance Who instead of
Jan, Spotted Dick or Tommy or whomever was their nation's leading
competitor.

As an aside, it's highly probable that the election that got the current
UCI Capo elected was not conducted exactly according to proceedure and
that two better qualified candidates were passed over. Verbruggen simply
can't let go.

--
Davey Crockett
Flying the Flag of the English

Old August 4th 12, 09:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 04/08/2012 09:15, Davey Crockett wrote:
atriage a écrit profondement:

| What's going on here?

I sincerly hope that question is rhetorical.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Verbruggen, via the medium
of his Gopher, Phatty McQuaid, would like to derail the proceedings.

This seems to be becoming more urgent. Could it be that USADA have looked under
some rocks the ****wits at the UCI didn't expect them to find?

Some miscreants even believe that Super****** has chucked a few Roubles
into the UCI coffers or augmented the pension plans of one or two UCI
officials/employees.

How could they be so cynical when the UCI have repeatedly demonstrated the
highest ethical standards? Look at the way they so righteously accepted money
from LA to *improve* the dope testing regime.

And if the suspensions/allegations currently under review are found to
be valid, there will indeed be "Consternation in the Convent" and
millions of punterz wondering why they cheered for Lance Who instead of
Jan, Spotted Dick or Tommy or whomever was their nation's leading
competitor.

As an aside, it's highly probable that the election that got the current
UCI Capo elected was not conducted exactly according to proceedure

Is that the Dutch spelling?

Old August 4th 12, 08:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 04/08/2012 09:15, Davey Crockett wrote:
atriage a écrit profondement:

| What's going on here?

I sincerly hope that question is rhetorical.

Yeah it was, the way I see this USADA can see the finish line and they're
starting to line their sprint train up, the UCI has realised somewhat belatedly
that their team might not be strong enough to get on USADA's wheel just when it
matters...with any luck some serious **** is about to hit the fan. This could
all be immensely entertaining, which is all I really ask of bicycle racing and
it's associated political structures.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-...armstrong-case

Old August 4th 12, 10:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-...-jurisdiction-...

--

It's all very strange. The UCI's position echoes some of LA's
challenge to USADA's actions.
Old August 4th 12, 11:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 04/08/2012 22:14, DirtRoadie wrote:
On Aug 4, 1:09 pm, wrote:
On 04/08/2012 09:15, Davey Crockett wrote:

atriage a écrit profondement:

| What's going on here?

I sincerly hope that question is rhetorical.

Yeah it was, the way I see this USADA can see the finish line and they're
starting to line their sprint train up, the UCI has realised somewhat belatedly
that their team might not be strong enough to get on USADA's wheel just when it
matters...with any luck some serious **** is about to hit the fan. This could
all be immensely entertaining, which is all I really ask of bicycle racing and
it's associated political structures.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-...-jurisdiction-...

--

It's all very strange. The UCI's position echoes some of LA's
challenge to USADA's actions.
That could favor LA and maybe even help him in his lawsuit to bar
USADA from doing anything.
That might have the appearance of the UCI being biased toward LA.
However if the UCI were to take over, then Lance's current arguments
about only the UCI having jurisdiction suddenly start to look bad for
LA.
Not dispositive, but LA gives up a chunk of the defense strategy he is
presently arguing.
I can't keep the alphabet soup of players straight anyhow - UCI, WADA,
USADA, IOC, USOC, CAS, ASO.

and every single one of them run by a prick! You have to laugh, I mean no one
got hurt in the making of the 'cycling as it is today' movie ...apart from the
riders whose hearts stopped anyway but they were probably expendable.

Old August 4th 12, 11:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 04/08/2012 09:15, Davey Crockett wrote:
atriage a écrit profondement:

| What's going on here?

I sincerly hope that question is rhetorical.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Verbruggen, via the medium
of his Gopher, Phatty McQuaid, would like to derail the proceedings.

Too true blue, Phatty McQueer's latest gambit...smacks a bit of desperation to
me. The thick plottens!
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12...nd-others.aspx

Old August 5th 12, 08:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

atriage a écrit profondement:

| On 04/08/2012 09:15, Davey Crockett wrote:
| atriage a écrit profondement:
|
| | What's going on here?
|
| I sincerly hope that question is rhetorical.
|

| ....**** is about to hit the fan. This could all be immensely
| entertaining, which is all I really ask of bicycle racing and it's
| associated political structures.

| http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-...armstrong-case

Don't you just love the "Truth And Reconciliation Commission" that WADA
suggests be set up.

Cycling's crooked - always was; always will be.

Like the time in a certain race that EM wasn't to be allowed to win
because it was the only classic he didn't have. The Belgian tifosi, and
riders too, were split about evenly between EM and Van Looy [who
incidentally _had_ won all the classics] and this was his {EM) last kick
at the cat to equal Van Looy and the Flemish riders were going round the
peloton "buying insurance" for their particular bloke. Shamefully Davey
accepted a promise to "have his ticked punched" at Theux (a ****-pot
kermesse) to enlist for Van Looy when he had some other nation's
national squad jersey on his back.

Or the time in Kanukreich where Davey accepted $200 from a certain rider
who had no teammates in the race (GasTown Grand Prix) to "Watch his back
wheel" and a Wink being as good as a Nod to a blind Donkey, Davey knew
exactly what was required. Wheelsuck for the duration of the race and
plant himself firmly on his benefactor's back wheel and deal most
severely with anyone who tried to usurp him with about 5 laps to go. So
what if he got DQ'd. Thereby giving the lie to the old shibboleth that
"Payday's on the finish line." (Sometimes it's on the start line, or
before in this instance as Davey hadn't even considered entering.)

Old August 5th 12, 11:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 05/08/2012 08:13, Davey Crockett wrote:
atriage a écrit profondement:

| On 04/08/2012 09:15, Davey Crockett wrote:
| atriage a écrit profondement:
|
| | What's going on here?
|
| I sincerly hope that question is rhetorical.
|

| ....**** is about to hit the fan. This could all be immensely
| entertaining, which is all I really ask of bicycle racing and it's
| associated political structures.

| http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-...armstrong-case

Don't you just love the "Truth And Reconciliation Commission" that WADA
suggests be set up.

Cycling's crooked - always was; always will be.

Like the time in a certain race that EM wasn't to be allowed to win
because it was the only classic he didn't have. The Belgian tifosi, and
riders too, were split about evenly between EM and Van Looy [who
incidentally _had_ won all the classics] and this was his {EM) last kick
at the cat to equal Van Looy and the Flemish riders were going round the
peloton "buying insurance" for their particular bloke.

All's fair in love and cycling as they say. Particularly if the task in hand is
trying to get to the line before EM. People moan about the boring state of
cycling at the moment forgetting that Eddy's domination had a soporific effect
on a lot of the (often French) tifosi . ...Eddy won again...yawn yawn!

Turn by Turn Routes mlmartinet Techniques 1 July 24th 08 02:42 AM
Can't turn right? johnfoss Unicycling 0 July 11th 06 04:56 PM
Interesting turn in faulty quick release lawsuit philcycles Techniques 24 February 13th 06 01:18 PM
Turn $6.00 into $15,000!! Really! [email protected] Marketplace 0 February 26th 05 10:22 PM
Turn $13.92 into Big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ [email protected] Marketplace 1 February 17th 05 02:35 AM