A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Racing
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

No B Sample Needed For Tyler



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old November 17th 04, 04:16 PM
MagillaGorilla
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

B. Lafferty wrote:

It appears that some people are quite certain that the new blood doping test
is relaible.


It appears that some people believe the earth is flat and aliens abduct
humans in spacecraft too.

What a great legal premise, Brian.

Magilla
Ads
  #12  
Old November 17th 04, 04:27 PM
MagillaGorilla
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

B. Lafferty wrote:

It appears that some people are quite certain that the new blood doping test
is relaible. More and more, it looks like Tyler and his attorney are
blowing a lot of smoke. From CyclingNews today:

However, it may be that the Russian and Australian case won't rely on such a
precedent. "We are going to argue on different grounds," AOC media relations
manager Mike Tancred told Cyclingnews. "Our in-house counsel, Simon Rofe,
has been speaking to medical experts to understand the scientific basis of
the test and if the B sample is actually necessary."

ASDA's Winnette, while stressing that he was speculating, said that it may
be that there is no need for a B sample in the blood doping test. "With
urine [tests], an A and B sample is good to have because there can be
degradation that leads to a false positive," said Winnette. "But this new
test may only need one sample." Another historical reason for the use of two
samples is to prevent cases of mistaken identity, but a blood sample can be
DNA-tested to establish its bona fides, so again the need for a B sample to
establish a doping case may be lessened.


Goddamn are you stupid. The B sample matters because it's in the rules.
End of argument. It doesn't ****ing matter what the scientists say or
attorneys say. You can't change the rules even if the rule is bad or
stupid or even wrong.

The Aussie and Russian feds will lose this case and waste hundreds of
thousands of Euros in legal fees.

By the way the case is filed as Aussie/Russian federation v. IOC. Even
the IOC sides with Tyler on this frivolous lawsuit.

Why does Jeff Jones not question the ridiculous legal argument that have
no chance whatsoever of prevailing?

Magilla

  #13  
Old November 17th 04, 04:27 PM
MagillaGorilla
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

B. Lafferty wrote:

It appears that some people are quite certain that the new blood doping test
is relaible. More and more, it looks like Tyler and his attorney are
blowing a lot of smoke. From CyclingNews today:

However, it may be that the Russian and Australian case won't rely on such a
precedent. "We are going to argue on different grounds," AOC media relations
manager Mike Tancred told Cyclingnews. "Our in-house counsel, Simon Rofe,
has been speaking to medical experts to understand the scientific basis of
the test and if the B sample is actually necessary."

ASDA's Winnette, while stressing that he was speculating, said that it may
be that there is no need for a B sample in the blood doping test. "With
urine [tests], an A and B sample is good to have because there can be
degradation that leads to a false positive," said Winnette. "But this new
test may only need one sample." Another historical reason for the use of two
samples is to prevent cases of mistaken identity, but a blood sample can be
DNA-tested to establish its bona fides, so again the need for a B sample to
establish a doping case may be lessened.


Goddamn are you stupid. The B sample matters because it's in the rules.
End of argument. It doesn't ****ing matter what the scientists say or
attorneys say. You can't change the rules even if the rule is bad or
stupid or even wrong.

The Aussie and Russian feds will lose this case and waste hundreds of
thousands of Euros in legal fees.

By the way the case is filed as Aussie/Russian federation v. IOC. Even
the IOC sides with Tyler on this frivolous lawsuit.

Why does Jeff Jones not question the ridiculous legal argument that have
no chance whatsoever of prevailing?

Magilla

  #14  
Old November 17th 04, 04:28 PM
Donald Munro
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Jim Flom wrote:
Susie Soap Opera --

Go find some real news, like in the National Enquirer or something.


B. Lafferty wrote:
You mean like God Is Dead and We Have Killed Him, Rev.?


Nietzsche writes for National Enquirer ?

  #15  
Old November 17th 04, 04:28 PM
Donald Munro
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Jim Flom wrote:
Susie Soap Opera --

Go find some real news, like in the National Enquirer or something.


B. Lafferty wrote:
You mean like God Is Dead and We Have Killed Him, Rev.?


Nietzsche writes for National Enquirer ?

  #16  
Old November 17th 04, 05:57 PM
B. Lafferty
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"Donald Munro" wrote in message
news
Jim Flom wrote:
Susie Soap Opera --

Go find some real news, like in the National Enquirer or something.


B. Lafferty wrote:
You mean like God Is Dead and We Have Killed Him, Rev.?


Nietzsche writes for National Enquirer ?

Buddha, too.


  #17  
Old November 17th 04, 05:57 PM
B. Lafferty
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"Donald Munro" wrote in message
news
Jim Flom wrote:
Susie Soap Opera --

Go find some real news, like in the National Enquirer or something.


B. Lafferty wrote:
You mean like God Is Dead and We Have Killed Him, Rev.?


Nietzsche writes for National Enquirer ?

Buddha, too.


  #18  
Old November 17th 04, 07:51 PM
JayofMontreal
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

And some idiots think despite the fact that someone said "I didn't do it"
that they actually didn't.

Tyler is blowing smoke, 2x he has tested positive, separate tests, separate
samples yet you still think he is being framed. He is guilty -- he did it,
the stakes are high and he figured no one would be looking for someone to
blood dope when there are so many drugs available. He assumed (wrongly)
that there was no way that they'd find out about him injecting someone elses
blood into him.

Look at the facts -- 2x being positive, 2 members of the same team positive,
0 positives from anyone else, any other team.

This isn't a legal argument, its a factual one, just because you're obsessed
with loopholes and blowing smoke doesn't add any validity to your argument.

"MagillaGorilla" wrote in message
...
B. Lafferty wrote:

It appears that some people are quite certain that the new blood doping
test is relaible.


It appears that some people believe the earth is flat and aliens abduct
humans in spacecraft too.

What a great legal premise, Brian.

Magilla



---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.794 / Virus Database: 538 - Release Date: 11/11/2004


  #19  
Old November 17th 04, 07:51 PM
JayofMontreal
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

And some idiots think despite the fact that someone said "I didn't do it"
that they actually didn't.

Tyler is blowing smoke, 2x he has tested positive, separate tests, separate
samples yet you still think he is being framed. He is guilty -- he did it,
the stakes are high and he figured no one would be looking for someone to
blood dope when there are so many drugs available. He assumed (wrongly)
that there was no way that they'd find out about him injecting someone elses
blood into him.

Look at the facts -- 2x being positive, 2 members of the same team positive,
0 positives from anyone else, any other team.

This isn't a legal argument, its a factual one, just because you're obsessed
with loopholes and blowing smoke doesn't add any validity to your argument.

"MagillaGorilla" wrote in message
...
B. Lafferty wrote:

It appears that some people are quite certain that the new blood doping
test is relaible.


It appears that some people believe the earth is flat and aliens abduct
humans in spacecraft too.

What a great legal premise, Brian.

Magilla



---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.794 / Virus Database: 538 - Release Date: 11/11/2004


  #20  
Old November 17th 04, 09:16 PM
MagillaGorilla
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I never said he was framed, loser. I said the test produces false
postives with his blood for whatever reason.

It's a scientific matter now - let's see what Hamilton's legal defense is.

What loophole are you talking about that I used? BTW, a loophole is
also known as an act that is in 100% compliance with the rules. You
appear to have a problem with the rules. I suggest you take that up with
the IOC and WADA.


Magilla from Manilla



JayofMontreal wrote:
And some idiots think despite the fact that someone said "I didn't do it"
that they actually didn't.

Tyler is blowing smoke, 2x he has tested positive, separate tests, separate
samples yet you still think he is being framed. He is guilty -- he did it,
the stakes are high and he figured no one would be looking for someone to
blood dope when there are so many drugs available. He assumed (wrongly)
that there was no way that they'd find out about him injecting someone elses
blood into him.

Look at the facts -- 2x being positive, 2 members of the same team positive,
0 positives from anyone else, any other team.

This isn't a legal argument, its a factual one, just because you're obsessed
with loopholes and blowing smoke doesn't add any validity to your argument.

"MagillaGorilla" wrote in message
...

B. Lafferty wrote:


It appears that some people are quite certain that the new blood doping
test is relaible.


It appears that some people believe the earth is flat and aliens abduct
humans in spacecraft too.

What a great legal premise, Brian.

Magilla




---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.794 / Virus Database: 538 - Release Date: 11/11/2004


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
more bike advice needed Peter Clinch UK 3 August 5th 04 05:19 PM
Needed Richard Thompson Marketplace 2 April 5th 04 07:40 PM
Campagnolo Front Mirage Triple derailleur clamp part # needed Peter Techniques 1 August 2nd 03 02:18 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.