Bidon cage for traveller mug?

Old April 17th 07, 03:22 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_124_]

Default Bidon cage for traveller mug?

Now a question for fellow bike nerds (or tourers). Does anyone know of a
bidon cage mount, or one that can be adapted, for a traveller mug on the
handlebars?

I love (actually need) my morning coffee and hate the disposable cups.
Disposable cups also are easier spilled etc. The local cafe doesn't
mind one iota filling up my nice red Kathmadu mug for the same price as
a large coffee. I know of the oversize bidon cages for soft drink
bottles, but they're too tall & narrow for the mug to neatly clip into.
Dimensions - diameter: 8.5cm, height: 16.5cm + lid.

TIA.

--
cfsmtb

Old April 17th 07, 04:03 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

cfsmtb wrote:
Now a question for fellow bike nerds (or tourers). Does anyone know
of a bidon cage mount, or one that can be adapted, for a traveller
mug on the handlebars?

I love (actually need) my morning coffee and hate the disposable cups.
Disposable cups also are easier spilled etc.

Do you need a second one for the stubby holder? :-)

Theo
Who prefers to sit quietly to drink his coffee.

Old April 17th 07, 04:13 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

On Apr 17, 12:22 pm, cfsmtb cfsmtb.2p5...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Now a question for fellow bike nerds (or tourers). Does anyone know of a
bidon cage mount, or one that can be adapted, for a traveller mug on the
handlebars?

I love (actually need) my morning coffee and hate the disposable cups.
Disposable cups also are easier spilled etc. The local cafe doesn't
mind one iota filling up my nice red Kathmadu mug for the same price as
a large coffee. I know of the oversize bidon cages for soft drink
bottles, but they're too tall & narrow for the mug to neatly clip into.
Dimensions - diameter: 8.5cm, height: 16.5cm + lid.

Why not just use a bidon for your coffee?

You can get insulated ones.

Old April 17th 07, 04:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle
PiledHigher

cfsmtb, I expected better of you, surely you know of bicyclecoffee
systems.

http://www.bicyclecoffeesystems.com/

Old April 17th 07, 04:56 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_126_]

PiledHigher Wrote:
cfsmtb, I expected better of you, surely you know of bicyclecoffee
systems.

http://www.bicyclecoffeesystems.com/

I knew about similar stuff, although I'd prefer to source something
locally or find out if someone had found or tinkered with a cage that
suited them. Insulated bidon? A nifty idea, although from experience,
milk coffee makes metal and plastic rather whiffy.

--
cfsmtb

Old April 17th 07, 11:14 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Aeek

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 13:56:53 +1000, cfsmtb
wrote:

suited them. Insulated bidon? A nifty idea, although from experience,
milk coffee makes metal and plastic rather whiffy.

I use a small thermos in a stubbie holder, fits a bidon cage.
Old April 17th 07, 12:48 PM posted to aus.bicycle
PeteSig

"cfsmtb" wrote:

PiledHigher Wrote:
cfsmtb, I expected better of you, surely you know of bicyclecoffee
systems.

http://www.bicyclecoffeesystems.com/

I knew about similar stuff, although I'd prefer to source something
locally or find out if someone had found or tinkered with a cage that
suited them. Insulated bidon? A nifty idea, although from experience,
milk coffee makes metal and plastic rather whiffy.

Just another argument for drinking the long black ;-)

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@

Third Bidon Cage Bob C Techniques 25 January 6th 07 02:51 AM
FS: Chorus 10s Short Cage and Centaur 10s Med Cage Rear Ders [email protected] Marketplace 0 July 19th 06 01:25 PM
performance difference between short cage/medium cage Campy rear derail. [email protected] Techniques 4 February 14th 06 06:07 AM
"78 Traveller Single Speed Wheel/Hub Options The Eye Techniques 3 October 23rd 04 05:45 AM
XTR RD- M900- change mid cage to long cage? Lim Techniques 0 March 28th 04 05:38 AM