SYD: motorcycle first aid course

Old April 19th 07, 05:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

Default SYD: motorcycle first aid course

via the MCC list - if interested email Jacqui whose email is below.
I've done thise course, it's interesting and well run and worth the
money and time.

I think it's worthwhile for cyclists because it deals with the same
sorts of injuries a cyclist who is hit by a car or who impales
themselves on the landscape is going to suffer.

The only really motorcycle specific bit is helmet removal and that's about
15mins of a full day course. The rest is treating bleeding, broken bones,
breathing problems, chest injuries, spinal and neck injuries and so on.
The damage you get when a ton or two of metal tries to occupy the space
you are in or if you lose it on a steep downhill and say "hello tree...."

=====================

A few weeks ago the Scooter Club had a minor mishap with one of our
learners.
We were quite embarrassed to realise that the only people trained in
first aid were a "tagalong" biker and the poor learner on the ground.

So I have organised a St Johns Motorcycle First Aid course on the 16th
of June in Surry Hills.
It runs all day and costs $90.
Anyone wanna join a bunch of scooterists - we need a minimum of 10.

Cheers
Jacqui