UUU desktop wallpaper design competition

Old December 20th 08, 06:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
delcypher

Default UUU desktop wallpaper design competition

Ok so there isn't really a prize (except you get to have your creation
put on the UUU (Union of UK unicyclists) website with your name next to
it), but anyway.

I thought it would be cool if I had a few cool desktop wallpapers on
the UUU site, I've already made one (http://tinyurl.com/7lcjcp) and as
you can see it's not particularly good as my photoshop skills are
lacking a bit.

So I thought there's probably quite a few people of the unicyclist.com
forums who are good with photoshop.

I'll probably pick the best 3 wallpapers (but it depends how many
entries I get).

Criteria:

1. The Resolution of the wallpaper needs to 1600x1200
2. The UUU logo must be visable on the wallpaper somewhere (here is a
link to a custom shape you can add in photoshop which is the UUU
logohttp://www.fridu.org:8016/unicycle/downloads/uuu_logo.csh ) or if
you don't use photoshop here is a link to a high resolution PNG file of
the logo http://www.fridu.org:8016/unicycle/d...s/uuu_logo.png

3. Please submit the wallpaper as a JPEG and if you used photoshop then
please submit the .psd file too. Please e-mail it to

The deadline is January the 21st.

Good luck everyone, and if you do make a wallpaper then thanks for your
effort.

--
delcypher

Road, Muni, & Trials- My first video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeUyz9mfwI8
Old December 20th 08, 06:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1-wheeled-grape

I'll give this a go I think.

--
1-wheeled-grape

*this signature is pointless... do not **even bother reading it, it
would be a waste of time

you wasted your time didn't you?
*
*"You must have shot an awefull lot of tigers sir"
"Yes... I used a machine gun!"
* *
**
*
Old December 20th 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

so what's the prize? just getting shown on the website?

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

'MY VIDEOS' (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)
'World Record' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oig5IEq-v4Y)
"dude when i first got into this sport and saw one of you videos i
almost threw up it was so sick"
Old December 20th 08, 06:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
delcypher

Yep being shown on the website is the only prize. Sorry I don't really
have any money . You could just design a wallpaper out of the
kindness of your heart?

Old December 20th 08, 06:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

lol i was just curious... i don't have any high quality enough pictures
for you to use on the website, except one, and that's my design... that
i kinda plan to make a little $ off of.

Old December 20th 08, 07:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1-wheeled-grape

Im using a cool pic I made this morning that looks pretty cool. now to
add some logos lol

Old December 20th 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
delcypher

Yay, someone's interested

Old December 20th 08, 07:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1-wheeled-grape

I have 2, basically the same but one is blue, one is red. Do you want me
to send them to you?

EDIT sent any way lol

Old December 21st 08, 05:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
delcypher

Thanks for the wallpapers Scott, I've received them. They look pretty
good. I just noticed something though, in the bottom left (of both
pictures) there's some odd lines that are not parallel with the
direction of the swirls (very subtle) - are they intentional?