Whoooee!! Sarah Ulmer!! Holy s---!!

Old August 23rd 04, 01:42 AM
Stewart Fleming

patch70 wrote:

With the incredible times being ridden on the track, does anyone else
suspect the Athens velodrome might be shorter than 250m?

I remarked that to my patner early this morning after Sarah's
ride..."Wouldn't she be gutted if the Greek construction engineers cut
1m off the track and hoped that nobody would notice...?"
Old August 23rd 04, 02:05 AM
Carl Sundquist

"patch70" wrote in message
news

With the incredible times being ridden on the track, does anyone else
suspect the Athens velodrome might be shorter than 250m?

It has to be certified by the UCI. Check to see if as many records were
broken when worlds and Jr worlds were there.

Old August 23rd 04, 10:40 PM
Peter Allen

"Fergie" wrote in message ...
How many papers are there showing an even pace is most effective.

Go Sarah Go, Go Kiwi!!!

It's not. Either you mean even time splits, in which case you'd only
do that by killing yourself for the first 500m and blowing massively,
or you mean even power in which case you're caught before 1k and in
any case can't make up the time lost starting.

And you can always get something in on a sprint finish.

Peter