Memory loss during racing

Old August 24th 04, 03:12 PM
Tuschinski

Default Memory loss during racing

Jeff Potter Wrote:
Maybe this isn't exactly what you're describing, but it seems close.

I think you describe exactly what I experience

It sounds
like for you, the split-second gap would often be where you made a goo
move
(except you mention starting a sprint at 1 km to go instead of waitin
plan...was that a mistake in the end or a good thing?). To me, I fel
like the
gaps would mess up my finish---I'd miss the vital action.

I think it was a good decision, as only one guy overtook me. Had
waited for the sprint I would have been pleased with top 5. However,
did do some silly jumps when I was planning on keeping cool Someho
you end up riding 5-10 secs before the pack on a doomed mission
burning away reserves.

Actually, this year the jump 1km for the finish is the only succesfu
break I initiated myself. *sigh* I'm just a mediocre B-cat

But like you this fog never involved wobbling or bad riding. Also, thi
was
when I was in my 20's. Now that I'm in my 40's I think that this 'fog
MIGHT
include bad handling skills. Haven't been a contender in a last la
intense
crit action lately!

As far as I can see there is no direct link between lapse of memory an
being at full faculty. That you lost 20 miles of a car ride doesn't sa
you drove dangerous. But I admit, I really hate it when it happens t
me as well

--
Tuschinski

Cycling and vegetarianism Preston Crawford General 434 September 25th 04 09:38 PM
Memory loss during racing Tuschinski Racing 5 August 25th 04 02:52 AM
Gels vs Gatorade Ken Techniques 145 August 3rd 04 06:56 PM
Ghent Six Day Excursion Ilan Vardi Racing 8 November 30th 03 08:03 PM