Medibank Private Ad

Old March 31st 06, 05:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Medibank Private Ad

DaveB wrote:

Tamyka Bell wrote:
Donga wrote:

Are the others better? Help!

Defence Health rocks. Cheap, very good cover. Plus you don't cop
bull**** ads.

Tam

More importantly (from memory anyway), you don't have to be defence
force to be in it.

DaveB

You have to be defence force, defence civilian or defence contracted to
join, but once you sign up with Defence Health, you're in for life.
Old April 3rd 06, 12:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Tamyka Bell Wrote:
DaveB wrote:

Tamyka Bell wrote:
Donga wrote:

Are the others better? Help!

Defence Health rocks. Cheap, very good cover. Plus you don't cop
bull**** ads.

Tam

More importantly (from memory anyway), you don't have to be defence
force to be in it.

DaveB

You have to be defence force, defence civilian or defence contracted to
join, but once you sign up with Defence Health, you're in for life.

We're with Defence Health. It was through one of the wife's ex-jobs.
Can't remember if it was the Telstra or LaTrobe Uni one, but definitely
not defence related, though I guess Telstra could be considered a
provider of services to dept of defence.

--
slaw

Old April 3rd 06, 01:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle

slaw wrote:

Tamyka Bell Wrote:
DaveB wrote:

Tamyka Bell wrote:
Donga wrote:

Are the others better? Help!

Defence Health rocks. Cheap, very good cover. Plus you don't cop
bull**** ads.

Tam

More importantly (from memory anyway), you don't have to be defence
force to be in it.

DaveB

You have to be defence force, defence civilian or defence contracted to
join, but once you sign up with Defence Health, you're in for life.

We're with Defence Health. It was through one of the wife's ex-jobs.
Can't remember if it was the Telstra or LaTrobe Uni one, but definitely
not defence related, though I guess Telstra could be considered a
provider of services to dept of defence.

A lot of people working in IT end up in Defence Health, because
contractors come and go...

Tam
Old April 19th 06, 06:35 AM posted to aus.bicycle

And here's the considered response I got today after three weeks of
thinking about the answer to my question.

-"Thank you for your enquiry of 30th March 2006 regarding the identity
of the cyclist in our advertisement.

Due to privacy regulations we require some further details from you
before we can respond to this enquiry.

Can you please provide us with your contact details including full
name, address, phone number and Medibank Private Membership number and
we can then respond to your enquiry.

Regards,

Customer Services\"-

What a croc. Me thinks she's not really a professional cyclist. Privacy
act my ass...

Trade Practices act, Section 52 "Misleading and deceptive conduct"
seems more appropriate to me.

This isn't over yet......

--
Shabby

Old April 19th 06, 06:46 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Shabby Wrote:

This isn't over yet......

hahaha, go Shabs!!! This girl better be worth it

--
gplama

Old April 19th 06, 06:52 AM posted to aus.bicycle

gplama Wrote:
hahaha, go Shabs!!! This girl better be worth it

Now you think I'm a stalker too!

If she was that good, someone would know who she is...... I'm just
looking for some answers...

The score to beat in the Customer Service game is $600 my mate got out
of Citylink to compensate him for the time he spent talking to
them.....

--
Shabby

Old April 19th 06, 07:01 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Shabby Wrote:
Now you think I'm a stalker too!

If she was that good, someone would know who she is...... I'm just
looking for some answers...

no no, just using sprinters tactics.. I'm letting you do all the leg
work.. then I'll call her up offering my 'services' to protect her from
the bad Interweb man...

GPL - 'deep down, we are all stalkers'

--
gplama

Old April 19th 06, 07:06 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Shabby Wrote:
And here's the considered response I got today after three weeks of
thinking about the answer to my question.

-"Thank you for your enquiry of 30th March 2006 regarding the
identity of the cyclist in our advertisement.

Customer Services\"-

What a croc. Me thinks she's not really a professional cyclist.

Interesting to compare the Medibank Ad with the answers given by
Yaxley and Rhodes on Enough Rope. Perhaps Medibank got Lorraine Graham
for the advertisement :-)

ANDREW DENTON: ... I know Lorraine Graham, one of your teammates,
actually put on her AIS little biography that her ambition for the year
was to break less bones. What sort of stacks have you had in your
career, Alexis?

ALEXIS RHODES: Me, I'm actually probably one of the better ones. I
seem to manage to avoid most of them. But, yes, up until 'the acco', I
guess the only – I'd never broken a bone except for when I fell over at
home and broke my foot. But, other than that, I'd, sort of, taken skin
off, but for me I was able to stay upright.

ANDREW DENTON: What about your stacks, Yax?

LOUISE YAXLEY: I've only really had one bad one before and that was
just in a race. I mean, I just hit my head and suffered a little bit of
concussion, but nowhere near to the scale of the accident we suffered
last year. So, yes, I'm pretty much like Alex, nothing major.

--
ghostgum

Old April 19th 06, 07:06 AM posted to aus.bicycle

gplama Wrote:
no no, just using sprinters tactics.. I'm letting you do all the leg
work.. then I'll call her up offering my 'services' to protect her from
the bad Interweb man...

GPL - 'deep down, we are all stalkers'

The old "knight in shining armour" trick......

--
Shabby

Old May 10th 06, 01:03 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Shabby Wrote:
OK, if you've been watching the Commie Games, you'd have seen the ad for
Medibank Private with a blonde chick stating:

"I'm a professional cyclist and I have lots of crashes..."

Anyone know who this is? It's been bugging me.....

Okay, I know this is an old thread, but it has been buggin me too.
Turns out I used to know this girl..(maybe that is why it was bugging
me.. should have kept in touch!)

Done a few triathlons, pretty fit and a nice person too! Not a pro
cyclist (but goes okay on the bike) but more your good looking tv ad
model type...!

--
ACP

Offer to JimmyMac! Johnny Sunset Recumbent Biking 11 December 22nd 05 10:29 PM
Medicare Private MTB Theo Bekkers Australia 7 November 4th 05 10:22 PM
Todays ride (which GPS?) ... elyob UK 26 August 1st 05 02:02 PM
public or private? IanB UK 7 April 15th 04 12:47 PM
Private members bill on cycle helmet compulsion. Mike Sales UK 24 December 23rd 03 08:29 PM