24hr RR

Old May 8th 06, 07:25 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default 24hr RR

I've finally written the race report for the 24hr - I mean the complete
and mostly unabridged version.

Tam

Old May 8th 06, 07:27 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Oh, I'm not used to this google groups nonsense. Damn my uni for
decommissioning our telnet servers. Damn my uni for no shell access.

http://blindrapture.blogspot.com/200...ce-report.html

Old May 8th 06, 07:49 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Tamyka Bell wrote:

http://blindrapture.blogspot.com/200...ce-report.html

Nice!

Is now a good time to point out that entries for the Mont open in 23 days?

Parbs
Old May 8th 06, 07:52 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Tamyka Bell wrote:
Oh, I'm not used to this google groups nonsense. Damn my uni for
decommissioning our telnet servers. Damn my uni for no shell access.

http://blindrapture.blogspot.com/200...ce-report.html

Nice work ...

You did a solo 24 hr on a hard tail? Very brave ...

The Maxxis Larsen TTs are great ... I did the DirtWorks 50km race with
them yesterday and they felt fast (it could have been a placebo though
.... I spent $100 on a pair).

Btw, would you recommend the Continental Vapors? I'm looking for a pair
of XC tyres that aren't Larsens because SWMBO doesn't want to get the
same pair as me. She won a pair of Ritchey Motovader 2.1s at DirtWorks
and I believe they are more of a downhill/free ride tyre.

Old May 8th 06, 08:01 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Parbs wrote:
Tamyka Bell wrote:

http://blindrapture.blogspot.com/200...ce-report.html

Nice!

Is now a good time to point out that entries for the Mont open in 23 days?

Parbs

No!!! I don't need another excuse to spend less time with the "pampered
princess" (i.e. my road bike).

Though the Killingworth 8hour is only a month away ...

Old May 8th 06, 08:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle

awesome effort Tam

must try and get back into mtb'ing.
looks like too much fun

PS see Andrew Bell alot about town.
altho how a courier can afford XTR is beyond me!!!

--
flyingdutch

Old May 8th 06, 08:34 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Tamyka Bell Wrote:
I've finally written the race report for the 24hr - I mean the complete
and mostly unabridged version.
Tam

Great work Tam, congratulations! Enjoyed it by the sounds of it, which
is all very important... And you are still in 1 piece!!

wish the weather was like that down here this weekend. We had the
Puffing Billy Great Train Race, it was about 9 degress and rained from
start to finish.

--
MikeyOz

Old May 8th 06, 08:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Going of track a bit from the 24hr. I did the dirt works 100 yesterday as
well with Larson TT Exception 2.00 & after trying around 10 different light
weight XC tyres in the past 5 yrs I think they easily roll the best ( have
never had to use my breaks so much ), I can buy them in Port Macquarie for
$75 each.
By the way the Dirt works rips for a MTB Enduro race.

"petulance" wrote in message
oups.com...
Tamyka Bell wrote:
Oh, I'm not used to this google groups nonsense. Damn my uni for
decommissioning our telnet servers. Damn my uni for no shell access.

http://blindrapture.blogspot.com/200...er-race-report.
html

Old May 8th 06, 08:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default was 24hr RR now Larsons

LIFE'S 2 SHORT wrote:
Going of track a bit from the 24hr. I did the dirt works 100 yesterday as
well with Larson TT Exception 2.00 & after trying around 10 different light
weight XC tyres in the past 5 yrs I think they easily roll the best ( have
never had to use my breaks so much ), I can buy them in Port Macquarie for
$75 each.

The Exception series was a brave choice for the DW, they're not known
for having the strongest sidewalls.

The Crossmarks are reportedly roll much better than Larsons

By the way the Dirt works rips for a MTB Enduro race.

I'm very grumpy I had to miss it.

Parbs
Old May 8th 06, 09:07 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default was 24hr RR now tyres

petulance wrote:

Btw, would you recommend the Continental Vapors? I'm looking for a pair
of XC tyres that aren't Larsens because SWMBO doesn't want to get the
same pair as me. She won a pair of Ritchey Motovader 2.1s at DirtWorks
and I believe they are more of a downhill/free ride tyre.

For an all round riding tyre I'd go the Continental Vertical or Maxxis
Ignitor.

Parbs