Mixte frames, Manufacturer & on display, S & W Sydney.

Old May 9th 06, 04:13 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Mixte frames, Manufacturer & on display, S & W Sydney.

Terry Collins wrote:

Striking whilst the iron is hod, I thought it might be easier to ask
here (many eyes make light work, etc).

Has anyone seen any mixte frame bicycle son display in southern and or
western Sydney, including Sydney CBD? Need somewhere to take swmbo to
say "This is what I am suggesting you get"

Even better if they can get frames in as well[1], but I'll by a tube or
two just to compensate them from having one on display {:-).

Then I'm after manufacturers of mixte frames, so I can arrange to order
one in at the correct size. It has to be an economical brand as well,
otherwise she will back out (too costly) or start stalling again. (sigh!).

I've seen locals riding mixtes in central sydney. There's occasionally
a mixte parked outside the new economics building at sydney uni. I
think one masser rides mixte at times. Additionally, the bike parking
outside broadway supermarket is pretty good for viewing rarer bike
types. One afternoon: a mixte, two classic ladies, and a folding
toyota ladies.

Now as far as buying a mixte frame... no idea. For showing on the web,
rivendell frame makers are bringing out men's and women's mixtes at a
mere 4000au and a two year wait, but you can show beautiful pictures.
Haven't seen any mixtes sold in bike stores / available for display.

I actually saw a green mixte on Sunday afternoon outside an antiques
shop in Newtown. I should have stopped and offered to buy it. If I
see it, I'll ask if its for sale eh? No height sizing problems on a
mixte, only reach, and some of that could be solved with albatross
style handlebars, no?

yours,
Sam R.

Old May 9th 06, 04:24 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Nope, no problem (if I can find one). Probably wouldn't be all new.
There is nothing wrong with the TA crankset and whatever pedals she has.
Okay, a new brooks is probably in order too.

www.shifterbikes.com in melb have cheap Brooks' at the moment. $95 for
a B17.

I doubt if I'm going to be able to replace her steel bmx handlebars. I
took them off once and was promptly told that she wanted them back on.

Oh wait, it is Shimano Nexus. you had me for 5 minutes.

Sorry.

I'm still chasing a price indication on these atm.

Price guide from aebike.com
US$115/138 plus shipping for an 7/8sp Nexus kit. ?/1.5kg
US$128 & SH, 8sp SA kit. 1.5kg
US$54 & SH, 3sp & coasterbrake SA kit. 1kg

Mo
http://aebike.com/page.cfm?action=ca...y=475&typ e=T

I think the red tube caps are just a tad excessive {:-).

But it's nice isn't it? (Tyres must be filled with nitrogen ;-)

You need a 'Bicycle Revolution' type place to source an old mixte. I
think one with a new paint job and shiny new bits would look trick.

AB.

Old May 9th 06, 06:53 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Hi Terry,

what about

http://www.shogunbicycles.com.au/MET...ES-PURPLE.html

Only single toptube, and in alu. but pretty much guaranteed(sp?) to be
at the cheaper end of the market

No longer a true twin top tube steel framed mixte, but not many other
options new.

plenty of older brands incl hallmark, shogun, recardo, de carlo. check
out some older shops that might still have a nib(new in box) bike out
the back. In melb we have bicycle recycle to go to.

NE1 heard of these "Velorazzo" frames? U-Bob Mountain Biking 15 September 29th 03 06:09 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM
Economics of Custom Frame Building in non Ferrous Materials AndyMorris Techniques 29 August 29th 03 02:23 PM