Will a Kenda Kolossal 2.6 or Nokian Gazzaloddi 2.6 fit on a lx?

Old November 30th 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicaw89

Default Will a Kenda Kolossal 2.6 or Nokian Gazzaloddi 2.6 fit on a lx?

uni.rider.13 wrote:
The original everything on my lx is bent except for the frame and
seat..Is there any other tire I can use for muni that will fit on the
lx. I just got a kh 20" so I can't afford much until I save up. Or
for christmas.

Edit: This is the wheel I will probably be using: Sun BFR (Big Fat
Rim) 2.0-inch double-walled black alloy rim.

Well my advice, use the KH for muni, ive done a few muni rides on a
trials uni, its not that bad actually, ive seen Jake and Miles do a
12mi trail on that same uni....As for your Lx, the rim is too small for
those tires, as is the frame, and I wouldnt recommend spending that
much money on getting a new rim and frame cause the hub and crankset
will just break in one good muni trail(trust me I have one i cant count
how many times I have rebuilt that thing!) So if you want a muni and
you are a lil shy on cash check out Ebay or the trading post, also
Torker sells a pretty good muni one step above there Lx the Dx its
250-300 pending where you get it...Goodluck man!

--
Unicaw89

Cody Williams
'Uniclips Updated Nov.'
(http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b151/unicaw89/Video/)
AIM:Unicaw89

abbabibble wrote:
Cody bent his koxx.
he was working it pretty hard.

Unicaw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13531

Old February 18th 07, 09:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uniredneck

Hey man, I actually tried that not too long ago with my Kenda Kolossal
2.6 on my 24" LX. The others are right, it doesn't work. However, it
was very close to fitting. The wheel was still able to turn, but it
was rubbing on the frame something fierce. I almost think that if I
had a wider rim (Kris Holm 24") it might have worked. I mean, it was
really close.

Either way, your best bet is to just save up for a DX or if you want to
wait longer something else like a KH, Qu-Ax, or a Koxx Track Monster (
--NICE!).

Something cheap to get you till then would be to buy at Nimbus II frame
(get a 29" so you can build up a 29'er after you buy your MUni...if it
is a smaller size that is.) and just put your LX stuff on it. The
berrings on the LX hub are closer together than the standard, but it is
close enough if you bend the fork legs a bit. The Nimbus II frame is
only $42, so it isn't a wallet buster.

::Edit:: I'm using the 48 spoke 24" Nimbus X wheel for MUni right now
and it works great. Plus, it's only $55 for the whole wheel!

--
uniredneck

"It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling
woman in a wide house." - Proverbs 21:9

"I believe in God like I believe in the sun rise. Not because I can see
it, but because I can see all that it touches." - C.S. Lewis
uniredneck's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13931