Custom Unicycles and Parts

Old February 18th 07, 02:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Uniman_3

Default Custom Unicycles and Parts

Have you ever wanted to design your own unicycle, or have anything that
you think needs to be done to certain unicycles, any color ideas, part
changes on certain unicycles, new parts that should be introduced into
the unicycle industry...
I think hollowed bolts for the seatpost clamps would be cool, new
pedals from companies such as Animal, Demolition,Crank Bros the brands
are endless.Primo makes some pretty cool looking spokes too. The come
in colors of black, blue,brown,red, yellow and green.A more variety of
seat post clamps would be nice too. Some of the companies mentioned
already and many more make some nice seatpost clamps that are a bit
lighter and nicer than ones that come stock on unicycles already.
Profile should try to start making colored unicycle hubs because they
make them colored for the BMX bikes. Thats my little piece of mind,
what about you?

--
Uniman_3
Uniman_3's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14387

Old February 18th 07, 02:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danni

This all seems to be cosmetics. What does that matter?

I would like to see a good light TI cranks with a geared strong hub. I
hate rolling for an hour on my little 19" when I could do it twice as
fast.

I would also like to see a studded 19" tire for the winter months here
in Canada with a rubber compound that doesn't crack.

--
Danni

leo wrote:
Without cocks you wouldn't even have a family forum.

'*Ha Ha haaaaa*' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXflM7xVLs)'!'
Danni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12990

Old February 18th 07, 02:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
foforackard

Uniman_3 wrote:
[...]

koxx one has the most variety as far as seat post clamps go. They have
a lot of colors and a couple different designs.
Hub colors:
KH-blue
Qu-Ax-red and yellow
Koxx one-black
Profile-silver
Unicycle.com-black
Torker(DX)-black
Pedals:
Jimmy C's-many diff. colors
majority- Black and silver
Koxx red label- red

Just a few products and their colors.

--
foforackard

UNICYCLE FOR CHRIST

Unibiker for life!!!!!

http://www.unicycle.com/
foforackard's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13413

Old February 18th 07, 02:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Uniman_3

not nessarcarily for cosmetics but for just anything on your
unicycle...its all about things that you want to be done for unicycles
in the industry..or any ideas for a new unicycle..what kind of parts
would you like to be seen on it...

Old February 18th 07, 04:38 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

If you want different colors just order stuff custom powder-coated from
Bedford. One thing that I would like to see is disk breaks as they work
awesome on my bike and cost less than the Magura breaks, and I have
chains on my wheel for the winter and therefore I would only be able to
have a rim break on for approximately half a year at a time

--
saskatchewanian

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who
is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
saskatchewanian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14180

Old February 18th 07, 09:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

I think many people would like to see uprated 36" parts: a better rim,
knobbly tyres and a splined 125mm bearing spacing hub.

--
kington99

Dave

Old February 18th 07, 10:38 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

cheaper splinned hubs?

--
thejdw

dunawan wrote:
why are koxx one unicycles so costly???
forrestunifreak wrote:
They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.

2 unispins landed!
don't follow Jesus, follow me!

thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

Old February 18th 07, 10:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

thejdw wrote:
cheaper splinned hubs?

I think the point is parts that don't exist atall, obviously we'd all
love all unicycle parts to be much cheaper.

--
kington99

Dave

Old February 18th 07, 04:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicyclepa

2 words
suspension unicycle

--
unicyclepa

www.unicyclepa.com
we suck
but its all good
team YAMS member in your sig or title and say
unicyclepa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9246

Old February 18th 07, 05:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

unicyclepa wrote:
2 words
suspension unicycle

well that could work except that then most of your power would be lost
on the shocks when you pedaled..... I would like to build a custom
Titanium 36er frame, but I got a price quote from a guy in my area that
makes custom titanium bike frames and I gave hime all the dimensions of
the frame I wanted, the price quote was about 1,500 USD, WAY too
expensive for my taste....

--
Ducttape

*Coker Fund:*$683.31
*Freeride Seat with shipping will cost: *$64.84
*GB4 Handle with shipping will cost:* $64.95
**Total cost for stuff: *$814.15* Current Progress *697.00*/*814.15''
(http://www.zazzle.com/Ducttapesunicycle)
Ducttape's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12006