Daggiest bike accessory

Old April 13th 07, 02:18 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DeF

Default Daggiest bike accessory

At the risk of offending upstanding members of the bent
riding community...

I was riding home from work the other day and
caught up with a bent (yes, he did have a flowing
beard) at some lights. He had an improvised rear
pannier that consisted of a flip top plastic kitchen
bin bolted to his frame. The bin included a mount
for a rear light and another for his flag.

But that's not the subject of this post. The daggiest
accessory was the circular white reflector bolted to
the sole of his right boot to improve his visibility
to oncoming traffic.

Well it was the funniest thing I saw that day...

DeF.
--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.
Old April 13th 07, 02:41 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_115_]

DeF Wrote:

But that's not the subject of this post. The daggiest
accessory was the circular white reflector bolted to
the sole of his right boot to improve his visibility
to oncoming traffic.

Well it was the funniest thing I saw that day...

I've got one better. Found it while cleaning out the shed last weekend.
It's actually designed to be a bicycle component.

Have to find it again and take a photo so it's full glory can be truly
appreciated.

More soon.

--
cfsmtb

Old April 13th 07, 06:22 AM posted to aus.bicycle
monsterman[_30_]

cfsmtb Wrote:
I've got one better. Found it while cleaning out the shed last weekend.
It's actually designed to be a bicycle component.

Have to find it again and take a photo so it's full glory can be truly
appreciated.

More soon.

C'mon - the suspence is killing me!!!!!!

--
monsterman

Old April 13th 07, 06:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle
monsterman[_31_]

monsterman Wrote:
C'mon - the suspence is killing me!!!!!!

as is my inabillitee to spel

--
monsterman

Old April 13th 07, 07:30 AM posted to aus.bicycle
PiledHigher

My pet hate is the bumbag, usually with a jersey on as well.

The jersey has pockets use them!!

Old April 13th 07, 07:33 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

PiledHigher wrote:
My pet hate is the bumbag, usually with a jersey on as well.

The jersey has pockets use them!!

My pet hate is the fashion police. :-)

Theo

Old April 13th 07, 07:35 AM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz[_6_]

PiledHigher Wrote:
My pet hate is the bumbag, usually with a jersey on as well.

The jersey has pockets use them!!

Every time I see one of one riding behind someone I just want to reach
out and rip it off!

--
MikeyOz

Old April 13th 07, 08:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on 12 Apr 2007 23:30:51 -0700
PiledHigher wrote:
My pet hate is the bumbag, usually with a jersey on as well.

At least that *can't* be in the recumbent dress code...

Zebee
- who has pondered http://tinyurl.com/2cojde but is too cheap....

Old April 13th 07, 09:06 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Joel Mayes

On 2007-04-13, cfsmtb wrote:

DeF Wrote:

But that's not the subject of this post. The daggiest
accessory was the circular white reflector bolted to
the sole of his right boot to improve his visibility
to oncoming traffic.

Well it was the funniest thing I saw that day...

I've got one better. Found it while cleaning out the shed last weekend.
It's actually designed to be a bicycle component.

Have to find it again and take a photo so it's full glory can be truly
appreciated.

More soon.

Does it beat the left/right turn indicator lights?
Old April 13th 07, 09:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Dave

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 07:05:51 +0000, Zebee Johnstone wrote:

At least that *can't* be in the recumbent dress code...

Never heard of a fanny bag?
(Just 'cause the US are a bit backwards)
--
Dave Hughes |
"Quantum materiae materietur marmota

My new kitchen accessory vernon UK 19 January 31st 07 09:52 AM
Bike Accessory purchasing Mikie General 3 April 14th 06 05:28 PM
Any online bike accessory stores? Rod Out Back Australia 12 December 21st 05 10:51 AM
Accessory Bar for bikes Zero_Enigma Mountain Biking 20 June 15th 05 05:37 PM
The best bike accessory I've bought so far... Random UK 9 April 14th 05 05:04 PM