Daggiest bike accessory

Old April 14th 07, 07:47 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_117_]

Default Daggiest bike accessory

monsterman Wrote:
C'mon - the suspence is killing me!!!!!!

Fuggin Coppermine is giving me the shts, so I've popped the pictures
into the image folder.

http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/BikeAM-FMRadio1.jpg
http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/BikeAM-FMRadio2.jpg
http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/BikeAM-FMRadio3.gif

Reckon this tidy unit lays waste on any fancypants MP3 player on the
market, but the doppler effect at speeds over 20kph makes listening to
the footy slightly difficult. Although I'm toying with the idea of
retrofitting it with a luxeon. Which would probably completely fk
everything without a adequate heatsink.

--
cfsmtb

Old April 14th 07, 08:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2007-04-14, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)

monsterman Wrote:
C'mon - the suspence is killing me!!!!!!

Fuggin Coppermine is giving me the shts, so I've popped the pictures
into the image folder.

http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/BikeAM-FMRadio1.jpg
http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/BikeAM-FMRadio2.jpg
http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/BikeAM-FMRadio3.gif

Reckon this tidy unit lays waste on any fancypants MP3 player on the
market, but the doppler effect at speeds over 20kph makes listening to

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Do you regularly travel at a non zero velocity relative to your bike?

I'd get that looked into if I were you!

--
TimC
VBScript is designed to be a secure programming environment. It
Old April 14th 07, 08:18 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Evan

DeF wrote:
At the risk of offending upstanding members of the bent
riding community...

I was riding home from work the other day and
caught up with a bent

Don't believe you!!

at some lights.

Ok. That explains it. Now I believe you :-)

He had an improvised rear
pannier that consisted of a flip top plastic kitchen
bin bolted to his frame. The bin included a mount
for a rear light and another for his flag.

I passed a guy once who had a standard plastic toilet cistern attached
to each side of his rear wheel. Looked like it worked pretty well.
Old April 14th 07, 08:21 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc

cfsmtb wrote:

You didn't show the mounting system,

Reckon this tidy unit lays waste on any fancypants MP3 player on the
market, but the doppler effect at speeds over 20kph makes listening to
the footy slightly difficult. Although I'm toying with the idea of
retrofitting it with a luxeon. Which would probably completely fk
everything without a adequate heatsink.

One of the Aust electronics magazine(?) gave away a yellow slim brick
am/fm radio about a decade or so ago. Sat upright on the nand;lebars on
a flat bar mount (which still haunts the bits and bos containers here.
no idea what happened to the radio as I prefer as much silence as I can get.

Old April 14th 07, 08:32 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DeF

cfsmtb wrote:
monsterman Wrote:
C'mon - the suspence is killing me!!!!!!

Fuggin Coppermine is giving me the shts, so I've popped the pictures
into the image folder.

http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/BikeAM-FMRadio1.jpg
http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/BikeAM-FMRadio2.jpg
http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/BikeAM-FMRadio3.gif

Reckon this tidy unit lays waste on any fancypants MP3 player on the
market, but the doppler effect at speeds over 20kph makes listening to
the footy slightly difficult. Although I'm toying with the idea of
retrofitting it with a luxeon. Which would probably completely fk
everything without a adequate heatsink.

That is an object of beauty. I remember having something
similar when I was a tacker. No torch component, just a
bar mounted am radio with speaker facing the rider. I
took it off in the end as it clashed with the bar-bag I
had at the time. It continued its life as a bathroom
radio mounted on the shower curtain rail. Marvelous. I can
remember struggling to ride along trying to turn the bars
to get good reception (AM aerials are very directional).

DeF.

--
To reply, you'll need to remove your finger.
Old April 14th 07, 11:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle
monsterman[_35_]

cfsmtb Wrote:
Fuggin Coppermine is giving me the shts, so I've popped the pictures
into the image folder.

http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/BikeAM-FMRadio1.jpg
http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/BikeAM-FMRadio2.jpg
http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/BikeAM-FMRadio3.gif

Reckon this tidy unit lays waste on any fancypants MP3 player on the
market, but the doppler effect at speeds over 20kph makes listening to
the footy slightly difficult. Although I'm toying with the idea of
retrofitting it with a luxeon. Which would probably completely fk
everything without a adequate heatsink.

Something like that would totally pimp out my MTB. I'd stick that one
one side of the bars, and on the other I'd have one of those motor-bike
throttle twistable handlebar thingies that when you twisted/ripped the
throttle made this "ROAR" noise like some clapped out RM80 trail bike.
I think they were actually called "roar power". Definitely from the
same era as your hi-tech iluminating sound-box

--
monsterman

Old April 14th 07, 11:58 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_118_]

Terryc Wrote:

You didn't show the mounting system,

God knows where that is, from memory it was in the same funky grey
colour scheme, a horizontal light mount on the handlebar, with a
hi-tech fasterner. (i.e.: mildly useless nylon lock nut & bolt).

Now back to the enthralling Iron Chef Shiitake Mushroom Battle.

--
cfsmtb

Old April 14th 07, 01:26 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Aeek

Who won, the Chef or the ****ake ?
Old April 15th 07, 05:35 AM posted to aus.bicycle
John Pitts[_2_]

On 2007-04-14, Evan evan@thegroup wrote:

I passed a guy once who had a standard plastic toilet cistern attached
to each side of his rear wheel. Looked like it worked pretty well.

Mine look a bit like that. They're made from white plastic kitchen
tidies. Cheap and daggy, but functional.

--
John
Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
Old April 16th 07, 01:53 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DeF

On 2007-04-14, Evan evan@thegroup wrote:

I passed a guy once who had a standard plastic toilet cistern attached
to each side of his rear wheel. Looked like it worked pretty well.

Mine look a bit like that. They're made from white plastic kitchen
tidies. Cheap and daggy, but functional.

John, you don't ride a bent with a reflector on the sole of your
right boot do you? See the OP!

DeF.

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

My new kitchen accessory vernon UK 19 January 31st 07 09:52 AM
Bike Accessory purchasing Mikie General 3 April 14th 06 05:28 PM
Any online bike accessory stores? Rod Out Back Australia 12 December 21st 05 10:51 AM
Accessory Bar for bikes Zero_Enigma Mountain Biking 20 June 15th 05 05:37 PM
The best bike accessory I've bought so far... Random UK 9 April 14th 05 05:04 PM