It fell off the back of a truck...

Old April 13th 07, 10:40 AM posted to aus.bicycle
blah

Default It fell off the back of a truck...

Some of you will be aware I'm off to Qatar to live - on Tuesday we
packed our stuff and it, along with my bike, was taken by a freight
company to go on a ship.
Today I was awoken from an afternoon nap (hey, I'm not working and
whatnot) by my wife telling me that the bike had fallen from a truck
and was run over by a car...
I assume this was on the way to the port. I have no idea what the
hewll they were doing with it to allow it to fall from a truck. The
bike's a write-off and was stated for insurance as worth four grand -
it's an Avanti Corsa carbonio from a few years back. Full Ultegra with
some tasty carbon bits, most notably my FSA carbon cranks worth god
knows how much, but I got them from probikekit for 7-8 hundred.
Freight company says insurance will be good as long as I get a quote
so I got that from Letour Cycles in Ringwood this arvo. They gave me a
quote for their Corsa Carbonio 3.0 which is, in their range, the
closest to what I got then. It goes for 4200 so I'm pretty confident
of getting a 4 grand payout in the next couple of weeks. Just hoping
the insurance company just cough up the cash and don't dick me about
as we're off to Europe in two weeks and I'd love to be shopping for a
bike while there rather than exchanging nasty emails from cafes and
airports.
Still numb... Pinot is helping...

Old April 13th 07, 10:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle
blah

On Apr 13, 7:47 pm, "Donga" wrote:
On Apr 13, 7:40 pm, "blah" wrote:

[...]

What fabulous luck! - Hide quoted text -

Yep - when I have a cheque it will be. Until then...

Old April 13th 07, 01:41 PM posted to aus.bicycle
roshea[_30_]

I guess it's good and bad news - you were in the market for a new bike
anyway weren't you? Hope the insurance comes through for you!

--
roshea

Old April 14th 07, 01:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle
blah

On Apr 13, 10:41 pm, roshea roshea.2oz...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
I guess it's good and bad news - you were in the market for a new bike
anyway weren't you? Hope the insurance comes through for you!

--
roshea

Yeh, I was. And am. It's going to be great fun knowing I _have_ to get
something and that the missus had already authorised the use of
substantial funds before this. She's pretty keen on the BMC carbon
jobbie with the alu lugs, but I'm taking on board your advice on the
warranty with those.

Old April 14th 07, 04:07 AM posted to aus.bicycle
flyingdutch[_33_]

blah Wrote:

Yeh, I was. And am. It's going to be great fun knowing I _have_ to get
something and that the missus had already authorised the use of
substantial funds before this. She's pretty keen on the BMC carbon
jobbie with the alu lugs, but I'm taking on board your advice on the
warranty with those.

Bummer, kind of with the frame. Your bike was always cursed

perhaps it was your components cursing your frame/s.

PS enquire if you can 'buy the wreck'.
I bought back my scratched Chorus CF ergos, and proton wheels for
$50!!!

ask Lama about his SCOTT, perhaps?

BTW Lama ,which Scott did they put under you?
Addict or prior model?

--
flyingdutch

Old April 14th 07, 04:13 AM posted to aus.bicycle
flyingdutch[_34_]

blah Wrote:

Still numb... Pinot is helping...

Just spotted your problem. Pinot!!!

perhaps the pinot-centric movie 'Sideways'
(http://www.foxsearchlight.com/sideways/) is a summary of your
bike-stable???

--
flyingdutch

Old April 14th 07, 04:54 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bugbear

Just hoping for your sake that the exchange rate will be favourable.
Happy shopping!!!

Old April 15th 07, 04:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle
blah

On Apr 14, 1:13 pm, flyingdutch flyingdutch.2p0...@no-
blah Wrote:

Still numb... Pinot is helping...

Just spotted your problem. Pinot!!!

perhaps the pinot-centric movie 'Sideways'
(http://www.foxsearchlight.com/sideways/) is a summary of your
bike-stable???

--
flyingdutch

Yeh, 'cept in the film they faked their accident(s). The bit with the
naked guy chasing them up the street is familiar, though...

Old April 15th 07, 05:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle
blah

On Apr 14, 1:54 pm, "Bugbear" wrote:
Just hoping for your sake that the exchange rate will be favourable.
Happy shopping!!!

The AUD is going nuts at the moment, which is awesome as we're
travelling and spending. We're hoping for a great big bubble while
travelling then a huge burst in August when we settle down to be paid
in USD. My brother was in the states being paid in USD back when the
aussie dollar went down below .50USD. Effectively gave him a huge
payrise as he was sending cash back here.

{Melb} Fell off the back of a truck cfsmtb Australia 10 May 30th 06 01:21 PM
she fell off Sandy Techniques 18 April 15th 05 03:54 PM
Fell off Brian Drury UK 99 December 14th 04 10:00 PM
I FELL OFF MY BIKE! Blair P. Houghton General 25 September 30th 04 04:08 AM
Fell off Alan UK 4 January 6th 04 09:25 PM