Todays happy snap... me!

Old May 6th 07, 11:01 AM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz[_53_]

Default Todays happy snap... me!

gplama Wrote:
I dont drink.... but that may change tomorrow when i find out how long
i'll be off the bike(s)! :|

Holy cr&p.... that is as close as I want to get to a Broken collar
bone.... I had a hairline fracture in my shoulder once and that was 6
weeks until I could ride a normal bike again. Good luck with the
rehab.

I was told as soon as I could do it without tooooo much pain to do some
weights to help out with the muscles in that area.

--
MikeyOz

Old May 6th 07, 01:36 PM posted to aus.bicycle
roshea[_41_]

gplama Wrote:
I dont drink.... but that may change tomorrow when i find out how long
i'll be off the bike(s)! :|I found a few drinks was very useful pain relief for the first week or

two after my collarbone incident!

--
roshea

Old May 6th 07, 01:44 PM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_97_]

roshea Wrote:
I found a few drinks was very useful pain relief for the first week or
two after my collarbone incident!

Too many calories... gotta use this couch time wisely, and to slim
down to something around this level:

[image:
http://www.webomatica.com/images/mov...hinist_lg.jpg]

--
gplama

Old May 6th 07, 01:48 PM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_98_]

MikeyOz Wrote:
I had a hairline fracture in my shoulder once and that was 6 weeks until
I could ride a normal bike again. Good luck with the rehab.

I was told as soon as I could do it without tooooo much pain to do some
weights to help out with the muscles in that area.

cheers MOz.. Hopefully I wont need the upper body strength, I need to
become a pure climber!!! Alternatively, I'll eat take away all day
and go get myself a track bike

--
gplama

Old May 7th 07, 01:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

gplama wrote:

It was up against a steep embankment.. which was soft..ish.
Head/shoulder took all the impact. Helmet was doa.

Sorry about your mishap.

How come that in so many of these offs reported, the helmet suffers a
catastrophic failure, and people seem to think that that's a good thing?

Theo

Old May 7th 07, 01:35 AM posted to aus.bicycle
PiledHigher

On May 6, 9:08 am, flyingdutch flyingdutch.2q4...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
eeewwwiiee!!!

Why are your ribs up_there????

oh wait, hangon a minute...

bummer, dude.

Slings gimme the ****s. done my right/shoulder arm 6 times and my left
twice so feel your pain/frustration

from my experience (4 plates, 5 pins. so far...) the plates work well
IF they can drill a clean hole for the bolts/pins. I had a couple that
were loose and so moved around a bit, resulting in a crap mend and
consequently mandatory rebreak to get a straight arm again

My best advice is INSIST on periodic X-rays to make sure everything is
doing what it should be. 6-8 weeks is too long to wait to see if
everything turns out OK. We aint bakin' cakes here folks!

At least you can toggle the settings over to play with your good hand
in Wii

Oh, and you can probabaly look forward to not being able to get stuff
out of your jersey pockets on that side for a while to come too
(sorry to be bearer of bad news)

and seeing as everyone else is avoiding the obvious...

what_happened_to_the_bike?

--
flyingdutch

I had mine pinned after a simiar three piece break, nearly two years
ago now. Was back at work on the monday after friday surgery was back
on the bike after about three weeks, but very gingerly. Went skiing
with Dr's permission one week after surgery (but somewhat paranoid)!

General achyness for around 6 months, now just a tiny bit cold
sensitive.

Good luck.

Old May 7th 07, 01:44 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

gplama wrote:
..well not that happy..... I overcooked a corner... solo effort, so I
didn't take anyone down.. arh well, thats racing!

Hey Lama, well typed! Ouchies! Get well soon.
--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
Old May 7th 07, 01:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle
rooman[_121_]

Theo Bekkers Wrote:
gplama wrote:

It was up against a steep embankment.. which was soft..ish.
Head/shoulder took all the impact. Helmet was doa.

Sorry about your mishap.

How come that in so many of these offs reported, the helmet suffers a
catastrophic failure, and people seem to think that that's a good
thing?

Theo

depends on what you mean, failure??... or actually doing its job...lama
said doa, that suggests it did its job., not failed... helmets are
oncers...

for the ideal have a look at what Franklin says
http://www.helmets.org/ideal.htm
according to F, such an "ideal" isnt made..

--
rooman

Old May 7th 07, 02:26 AM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz[_54_]

rooman Wrote:
depends on what you mean, failure??... or actually doing its job...lama
said doa, that suggests it did its job., not failed... helmets are
oncers...

oh sh*t are we going to go over all this again......

sarcasm
Helmets don't do anything for you, the reason everyone wears them is
because they look cool. Oh there is a law thing as well. Mine just
smashed to bits when I was hit by the car, what good is
that!?!?/sarcasm

--
MikeyOz

Old May 7th 07, 04:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_99_]

essendon93 Wrote:
Geez lama what is it you've got against helmets..how manys that now?

3 in the last 9 months... 4 all up...

--
gplama

Oh snap, it's me!! Unitik908 Unicycling 8 October 14th 06 12:39 AM
Snap Into A Slim Jim Joe King Racing 4 July 9th 06 02:45 AM
Why did my crank snap? spindrift UK 10 April 3rd 06 12:22 AM
Can't 'snap' chain! MSA Techniques 23 November 9th 04 12:45 AM
crank snap c.critch Unicycling 7 August 5th 04 04:16 AM