Basso admits involvement in doping scandal

Old May 9th 07, 04:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

Default Basso admits involvement in doping scandal

monsterman wrote:

No need to even ask such a question. In the absence of good reason to
impugn the confession (you know - duress, insanity, [x] years served
at Guantanamo Bay .. ..), the law recognises that no _further_ proof
is required. The confession taken as the ultimate, unimpeachable
proof.

But there is almost always duress, as pressure put on people to confess. One
they have confessed, they are deemed to be guilty as accused. eg. David
Hicks is a terrorist, he confessed after five years of duress. Those British
Special Services people in Iran confessed after three days. Those women who
confessed in Salem really were witches. And one guy in the US who confessed
to murder to get life rather than the chair, who was recently proved
innocent after DNA testing, won't be released because he confessed and is
therefore guilty.

Hmmmm.

Theo

Old May 9th 07, 11:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On May 9, 8:23 am, monsterman monsterman.2qa...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Donga Wrote: White coats give me much more of a horn than
f*cken lawyers do - except MM and SteveA, of course

Donga

Freud would draw a line between that statement and your unnatural
affinity for goal umpires

--
monsterman

Oooh bee-hayve! White maggots, catfish, you've really got me turned on
now, big boy!

Donga

Old May 9th 07, 11:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle
monsterman[_47_]

Donga Wrote:
On May 9, 8:23 am, monsterman monsterman.2qa...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Donga Wrote: White coats give me much more of a horn than
f*cken lawyers do - except MM and SteveA, of course

Donga

Freud would draw a line between that statement and your unnatural
affinity for goal umpires

--
monsterman

Oooh bee-hayve! White maggots, catfish, you've really got me turned on
now, big boy!

Donga

Hey that's "medium boy" now! MM is now down to 88kg and training hard
for Ventoux, d'Huez and Galibier in June!

i read something recently (cna't recall exactly what or where), but
apparently you can't call the umpires "white maggots" anymore, under
threat of being ejected from the ground. What is the world coming to?

--
monsterman

Old May 9th 07, 11:23 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On May 9, 8:55 pm, monsterman monsterman.2qb...@no-
Donga Wrote:

[...]

monsterman- Hide quoted text -

I can live with that - just so long as I can still call a lawyer a
catfish!

Old May 10th 07, 02:01 AM posted to aus.bicycle
monsterman[_49_]

Donga Wrote:

I can live with that - just so long as I can still call a lawyer a
catfish!

Would be a refreshing change actually, right SteveA?

--
monsterman

basso admits to doping [email protected] Racing 26 May 9th 07 01:11 AM
Basso Admits "Involvement" in Spanish Doping Investigation Simon Proven UK 3 May 7th 07 08:42 PM
Lance's Doping Scandal DJ Australia 45 June 3rd 06 01:35 PM
Lance's Doping Scandal rooman Australia 0 June 1st 06 05:03 AM
VDB admits doping...? HB Racing 123 October 9th 03 09:34 PM