Trials Discussion Thread

Old December 3rd 08, 10:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hungry4uni

Default Trials Discussion Thread

I would really like to get a Kris Holm frame on my Nimbus trials, but I
wan't to know if it would fit. Will it?

--
hungry4uni

ŤŔϊãĻş

ЦИΪĈҰĆĻέ
my sponsor'
SixSixOne' (http://www.sixsixone.com)
Old December 4th 08, 01:13 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
manon1wheel

if your nimbus is isis it should fit.
-Riley

--
manon1wheel

-Riley Crosby

'2007 video' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKMLvlS5taI)
'2008 video now on youtube!'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqWctiLjlZ4)
'2008 \"flow\" video on youtube'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dowb7OqT_aU)
Old December 4th 08, 05:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
madmattunipro

So what's this whole "I can't get into trials because I don't have a
course" thing about? Don't you have a town? If you don't have a town,
then you must have space... so quit whining and build one.

--
madmattunipro

Unicycle For Christ

www.bedfordunicycles.ca

http://www.norco.com
Old December 6th 08, 02:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UnICycleRoCKs

Kinda off topic, but still about trials. Are you supposed to know how to
hop SI to the left and right? I can only really hop to left, left foot
forward

--
UnICycleRoCKs

"Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?"
Edgar Bergen
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't
matter and those who matter don't mind.”
Dr. Suess
Old December 6th 08, 02:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

Bluemanonuni;1138063 wrote:
Will someone please explain Q-factor for me, what does that mean and
does it have some influence on trials, myself ride KH07 , standard 137
mm cranks ....

Just search the forums for Q-factor, it's been explained about 1,000
times. It's nothing to worry about in trials until you start riding
very, very skinny rails (where the rail is less than the width of your
tire)

How often do you guys check your wheel for roundness

Never. If nothing "feels funny" when riding, then I don't worry about
it. I just squeeze my spokes now and then to make sure nothing's too
loose, and tighten 'em when I find a loose one. I don't think I've
trued my wheel since I built it years ago.

UnICycleRoCKs;1144049 wrote:
Kinda off topic, but still about trials. Are you supposed to know how to
hop SI to the left and right? I can only really hop to left, left foot
forward

Not off topic at all. Hopping both directions is a great skill to have
but not entirely necessary... until you get into super-precise trials.

If I've got room to move, and I have to jump to my "weak side", I just
do a quick 180 hop before jumping. Sure, it takes a little more effort,
but not as much effort as learning to hop to my weak side.

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire
Old December 6th 08, 08:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Bluemanonuni

Thanks maestro8.

I was wondering which tire pressure you guys prefer, if I do some
Trials or street I like my tyre with little pressure but then if I do
some big drops or flying of stairs just after, I allmost touch the rim.
Do you decide what you want to practise and choose your tire pressure
after that or do you just pump your tire up to worst case...

--
Bluemanonuni

*Danish up-coming dynamite *
Old December 6th 08, 09:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Its personal. What ever is going to feel good enough for your hops, and
has enough cushion that when you land bigger drops, you dont bottom out.

--
Jerrick

'*305$ /$549.99*'
(http://tinyurl.com/6ywusa) *Press Alt+F4 to fix post
stretch.*[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC]JC~
Old December 6th 08, 11:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

Jerrick;1144512 wrote:
[Tire pressure is] personal. What ever is going to feel good enough for
your hops, and has enough cushion that when you land bigger drops, you
dont bottom out.

I'm attend the "it's the technique, stupid" school of trials. I like
to pump my tire up fairly hard such that, not only is there no bottoming
out, there's also no cushion.

Yeah the drops are harder, but it's manageable with good technique. It
forces you to make more precise landings, as your tire is less
forgiving. I got the idea from Evan Byrne and have been running with it
for over a year now... works best for urban trials, IMHO.

Old December 7th 08, 12:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeremy R

Score! Can now static up two stairs at a time! (in a set, not just
separate two stair sets) Also static plastic green benches.

--
Jeremy R

'661' (http://www.sixsixone.com/)
'MountainUni' (http://www.mountainuni.com/splash.asp)
spam ban kaboom - Gilby
Old December 7th 08, 01:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
manon1wheel

maestro8;1144596 wrote:
I'm attend the "it's the technique, stupid" school of trials. I like to
pump my tire up fairly hard such that, not only is there no bottoming
out, there's also no cushion.

Yeah the drops are harder, but it's manageable with good technique. It
forces you to make more precise landings, as your tire is less
forgiving. I got the idea from Evan Byrne and have been running with it
for over a year now... works best for urban trials, IMHO.

i dont get it. so there is no bounce for prehops? i dont see how a
super hard tire would be good for anything. especially urban trials.