Trials Discussion Thread

Old December 7th 08, 01:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
polevaultinunicyclist

Default Trials Discussion Thread

manon1wheel;1144682 wrote:
i dont get it. So there is no bounce for prehops? I dont see how a super
hard tire would be good for anything. Especially urban trials.

--
polevaultinunicyclist

-Jarom
koxx Devil: bombness course 2

shake and bake
Old December 7th 08, 02:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

manon1wheel;1144682 wrote:
i dont get it. so there is no bounce for prehops? i dont see how a super
hard tire would be good for anything. especially urban trials.

No, there still is. My tire isn't made out of cement. You can put a
lot of force into the prehop and your tire won't deform as much as with
lower pressure.

You won't see how a hard tire works until you try it yourself. It
takes some acclimation, but IMHO, it feels more precise.

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire
Old December 7th 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hugo_Duguay

I'm using the same techique as you Maestro, and I love it too. I ride
street and trials, and I love to know I will never flat spot my rim no
matter how high or far I drop or gap. Plus, I remember reading Ryan A.
saying somewhere that (sorry, I will be having troubles putting words on
my ideas here) if you can compress a tire with a high pressure on a
prehop, you will get a lot of bounce, you just need enough force de
compress it. On low pressure, it will be easier to compress the tire,
but you will get a smaller bounce. On high pressure, it will be harder
to compress, but you will get a huge bounce... Makes sense ?

-Hugo-

--
Hugo_Duguay

Best online unicycle store : 'Municycle.ca' (www.municycle.ca)
!

I dream of Luke Collalto !

Communauté des monocyclistes à Montréal : 'Monotréal'
(www.monotreal.bbconcept.net) !
Old December 7th 08, 06:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

maestro8;1144704 wrote:
No, there still is. My tire isn't made out of cement. You can put a
lot of force into the prehop and your tire won't deform as much as with
lower pressure.

You won't see how a hard tire works until you try it yourself. It
takes some acclimation, but IMHO, it feels more precise.

I think a lot of people forget how basketballs react when they are
pumped up and make contact with a hard surface.

I agree with you and Hugo though. I also ride with a pretty high
pressure, one, cause im 200 pounds, and two, the bounce just feels
better.

--
Jerrick

'*305$ /$549.99*'
(http://tinyurl.com/6ywusa) *Press Alt+F4 to fix post
stretch.*[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC]JC~
Old December 7th 08, 07:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Phil_on_uni

i hear that

--
Phil_on_uni

UNICYCLE FOR HATRED, BIGOTRY, AND IGNORANCE

Team Forrest, Underground
*)---, '30ft Coaster~

johnfoss:
What do you call the bunches of kids that follow Kris around at big
unicycle conventions? "Holmies".
Old December 7th 08, 06:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Bluemanonuni

Thanks

So which tirepressure do you guys prefer, or is it a secret, and of
course I´m new to this Trial thing but isn`t more diffecult with a
harder tire to land, and stabilize on things or is it the same thing, I
need practice

--
Bluemanonuni

*Danish up-coming dynamite *
Old December 7th 08, 06:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Bluemanonuni;1145131 wrote:
Thanks

So which tirepressure do you guys prefer, or is it a secret, and of
course I´m new to this Trial thing but isn`t more diffecult with a
harder tire to land, and stabilize on things or is it the same thing, I
need practice

It's a personal thing. 30psi may work for me, and others are happy with
19psi. Just pump it up hard, jump around and ride for a bit, see how you
like it, and if it feels too hard, let some air out. Ride around some
more, do some drops and gaps and whatnot, see how it feels, then
readjust adding or taking out air until youre happy.

Landing wise, I dont really notice a difference in difficulty. You can
feel the difference of landing with a soft tire or a hard tire, but the
excuse of "Oh, I could of landed that if my tire was softer..." is
pretty much non-existent. Lol, just look at them bmx guys, they are
riding with squishy tires. =p

Old December 14th 08, 02:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
madmattunipro

Although a softer tire makes many things easier, I think it's a good
idea to run as high a pressure as you feel you can get away with... it
forces you to develop better compression for hopping.

I don't find lower pressure helps at all for drops though... if I don't
have a fairly hight pressure for drops the tire will flex sideways,
which I don't find helpful at all.

--
madmattunipro

Unicycle For Christ

www.bedfordunicycles.ca

http://www.norco.com
Old December 15th 08, 03:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MondayHopscotch

Should I get a Torker DX if i can get it for right around 100 USD?

--
MondayHopscotch
Old December 23rd 08, 03:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
buchi

i discovered this vid
Untitled on Vimeo

good riding