Trials Discussion Thread

Old December 23rd 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hungry4uni

Default Trials Discussion Thread

That was awesome! That concept of SIF rolling hops was really cool.

On a different note,

Does my Fusion Street Saddle look normal. It seems, from other
pictures, do have a higher-than-normal profile.30332

|Filename: New Uni Seat.JPG |

hungry4uni

ŤŔϊãĻş

ЦИΪĈҰĆĻέ
my sponsor'
SixSixOne' (http://www.sixsixone.com)
Old December 23rd 08, 04:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tim_desmet

the vid was awesome !!!

--
tim_desmet

-- Sorry for my bad english --
Old December 23rd 08, 06:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UniKid2

DOes it have an "ass grove"

It does indeed loook .. ample.

--
UniKid2

_*Approximate*_
'Countdown To OUI' 09' (http://tinyurl.com/6axmep)

*Vive le Québec Libre!*

unipsyco:i have tried my friend's kh and it's really killing my
knees..
sp4rky-m4rky:i swear you must be doing something wrong.
Old December 28th 08, 03:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hungry4uni

Do you guys know if moments strip easily. I have some Qu-Ax lightweight
freestyle cranks on my trials, and I've stripped them pretty easily. Do
moments strip easily. Also, how do you avoid stripping. (Put the right
pedal on right crank...I know)

Old December 28th 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sxbud138

Do most people learning crank and pedal grabs start with sif or si ? Im
just learning how to hop sif and also trying pedal grabs but sif i feel
might work beter but i havent tryed yet.{ still not very good at sif
yet}

--
sxbud138
Old December 28th 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tim_desmet

sxbud138;1159620 wrote:
Do most people learning crank and pedal grabs start with sif or si ? Im
just learning how to hop sif and also trying pedal grabs but sif i feel
might work beter but i havent tryed yet.{ still not very good at sif
yet}

SIF I think
SIF pedalgrab is a lot easlyer than SI pedalgrab

--
tim_desmet

-- Sorry for my bad english --
Old December 29th 08, 02:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
madmattunipro

Yeah SIF pedal grabs are generally easier because you'll want to get
your weight over the pedal you are grabbing with, this is a lot easier
if you aren't restricted by the seat being between your legs.

--
madmattunipro

Unicycle For Christ

www.bedfordunicycles.ca

http://www.norco.com
Old December 29th 08, 06:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
forrestunifreak

sxbud138;1159620 wrote:
Do most people learning crank and pedal grabs start with sif or si ? Im
just learning how to hop sif and also trying pedal grabs but sif i feel
might work beter but i havent tryed yet.{ still not very good at sif
yet}

I started out just like you trying to learn pedal grabs seat in, before
I could hop SIF. It wasn't until I got better at hopping SIF that I
could even begin to get pedal grabs.

And, I learned crank grabs to rubber first. THen moved to on pedal
grabs. Pedal grabs are harder at first but work out easier in the long
run.

--
forrestunifreak

Old December 29th 08, 11:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
*chuckerkid*

I have a nimbus isis trials and i bent the cranks doing like 4 foot
drops are my cranks themselves bent or have i bent the isis join thing?
any help would be apprecated.

Sam

--
*chuckerkid*
Old December 30th 08, 12:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

*chuckerkid*;1160314 wrote:
i bent the cranks

are my cranks themselves bent?

Um, is this a trick question?

Your cranks are aluminum and your hub is CrMo steel.

One has about 2x the yield strength of the other, which one do you
think will deform first?

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire