Giraffe Discussion Thread

Old July 2nd 08, 07:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unisykolist

Default Giraffe Discussion Thread

The.Mars.Volta wrote:
Discuss giraffe unicycles and the animal if you want.

Talk about tricks
High hops on giraffes
Distance riding on girrafe
Your giraffes
Etc

ENJOY!

Great thread, I was thinking about making one and if there was one.
ANyway I got a standard giraffe 5ft and i busk on it. Im getting a
multiwheeled unciycle soon (a few weeks)..ill talk some more later im
busy...

--
Unisykolist

*Watch me attempt a 2 meter (6-7 foot) drop on a unicycle and stack it,
watch it on - *www.unisykolist.piczo.com
www.unisykolist.piczo.com
www.unisykolist.piczo.com
Old July 2nd 08, 08:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

Haven't been on the TX for over a year now, I used to love rolling it
round town late at night. Should realy sell it but I doubt I'll get
much for it and it's a nice thing to have around.

|Filename: IMG_1590(small).JPG |

kington99

Dave

Old July 2nd 08, 12:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

Great idea for a thread. I've got a 5 foot Nimbus giraffe that I bought
3 years or so ago. The trouble is that it doesn't really fit in to any
of the riding categories I usually do (commuting, distance, muni or
hockey), so I've not touched it since I learned to freemount it.
Hopefully someone will post some cool giraffe stuff that will encourage
me to dust mine off and get out and ride it again

STM

--
semach.the.monkey
Old July 2nd 08, 02:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
yayunicycle!

u can do tricks and jump on girrafes1!!!!!!!!??

--
yayunicycle!
Old July 2nd 08, 02:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

'Obviously.' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37633)

--
Hazmat

I'M 1 WEIRD AND UNUSUAL GREEK
CYPRIOT AUSTRALIAN WHO
IS DESTINED TO BE DIFFERENT AND I WON'T STOP TILL I AM.

catinabag1 wrote:
we should provide the defibrilator
TPBM want some ice cream with smarties while they power up!

'Can't wait till this game is finally released.'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcuZlRC3dYM)
Old July 2nd 08, 05:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Bondo

I heart my Giraffe

My 6' Schwinn giraffe has been with me all over the world.

I have ridden it in every contiguous American state plus Hawaii and 11
other countries.

It's like an old friend.

I learned most all my tricks on a giraffe.
Idling, juggling and passing while idling. One foot idling and riding,
backward riding, slamming hecklers...

It has been on TV commercials and bunches of newspaper pictures and now
a sock catalog (see avatar).

My Giraffe has opened for Bill Hicks, Drew Carey, Roseanne, Paula
Poundstone, Bobby Slayton, Pat Paulson, Tommy Chong, Kevin Nealon, and
many others. It is a very talented Giraffe.

I have the serial # memorized.
I need to fix it up again...It's been refurbished over and over again.
I have worn through probably 6 tires, three chains and 2 seats. It has
a bit of a curve to it now.

I just estimated that since 1983 I have spent probably close to 20000+
hours in the saddle, Thats just in shows and not counting time for the
practice curve.

Makes my butt sore just thinking about it....

Someday I will write a sonnet for my Giraffe

I heart my giraffe.

--
Bondo

As Seen on TV
Old July 2nd 08, 07:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kevinalexandersmith

Bondo wrote:
Someday I will write a sonnet for my Giraffe

I heart my giraffe.

That was beautiful. My eyes are watering.

I’m a Schwinn fan myself. I have Schwinn 20” and 24” freestyle Unis.
I heart three piece cantilever frames!

The Schwinn Giraffes are really Semcycle now, I think. I don’t think
Schwinn has rolled out a giraffe since they got back into unicycles.

--
kevinalexandersmith

I don't believe in atheists.
Old July 2nd 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1-wheeled-grape

kington99 wrote:
Haven't been on the TX for over a year now, I used to love rolling it
round town late at night. Should realy sell it but I doubt I'll get
much for it and it's a nice thing to have around.

If you ever decide to sell it I'd be interested.
I have only ridden a giraffe for about 5 minutes, but it was a fun 5
minutes! I just can't afford a new one

--
1-wheeled-grape

Scott,

Getting ready for the summer holidays!
Old July 2nd 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gkmac

Now my turn to make mouths dribble.

I bought a DM 6 footer about four years ago, mainly as a collectors
item. A year afterwards the one-man manufacturer of these beauties
retired, so it really is a collectors item now.

Nowadays I only get the chance to ride it about once every four months,
because of that I never bothered to learn to freemount it; I've only
ever ridden it outside once. Due to the fact it's mostly an ornament it
hardly has any scratches, dents or bends, and all the chrome is still
intact. It feels (and weighs like it's) indestructible.

A quick photo I took just now.

|Filename: giraffedogbert.jpg |

gkmac

"Those who can, do. Those who can't, take the pictures." - tomblackwood
"As it only hurts when you walk, will you be riding everywhere now?" -
mikepenton
"Well, not everything is as practical as making your cranks flip around
I guess." - Brian MacKenzie
Old July 2nd 08, 11:57 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jamessd

Well I have had a nimbus three wheeler for 7 months now, and I have
still yet to find time to ride it! (I also need to find some guts...
cos when I get up there I just lose faith and climb back down the
ladder!).

--
jamessd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCsb3y-YOSk
Add me, but tel me who you are :

Kieron wrote:
I tell u wat they would have to be a very commited pedo to learn to ride
a unicycle in order to mingle with us, steel one of us and rape us in a
bush.