Hey JD, got a World Cup prediction?

Old October 9th 03, 07:43 PM
bomba

Default Hey JD, got a World Cup prediction?

After your success at predicting the winners of the footie World Cup,
I'm wondering who you're tipping for the Rugby World Cup (which starts
tomorrow).

Anyone else?

Old October 10th 03, 02:31 AM
Gary in VA

"bomba" wrote in message
After your success at predicting the winners of the footie World Cup,
I'm wondering who you're tipping for the Rugby World Cup (which starts
tomorrow).

Anyone else?

I'm picking those guys in the rugby uniforms to win. You know, the ones
wearing the dirty uniforms.

Gary in VA

Old October 10th 03, 05:00 AM
BB

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 20:43:55 +0200, bomba wrote:
After your success at predicting the winners of the footie World Cup,
I'm wondering who you're tipping for the Rugby World Cup (which starts
tomorrow).

Anyone else?

The team with the least teeth.

--
-BB-
To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
Old October 10th 03, 05:02 AM
Westie

"bomba" wrote in message
After your success at predicting the winners of the footie World Cup,
I'm wondering who you're tipping for the Rugby World Cup (which starts
tomorrow).

Anyone else?

As if anyone else is in the running... ;-P
The All Blacks.
Go Kiwi!
--
Westie
(Replace 'invalid' with 'yahoo' when replying.)

Old October 10th 03, 05:04 AM
miles todd

bomba wrote:
After your success at predicting the winners of the footie World Cup,
I'm wondering who you're tipping for the Rugby World Cup (which starts
tomorrow).

Anyone else?

Here's how it is going to go: After a tough, long struggle some great
team will come in second. And the Kiwis, of course, will come in first.

At least, if it is like every other year since time began.

Miles

Old October 10th 03, 05:44 AM
gazzer

bomba wrote in message ...
After your success at predicting the winners of the footie World Cup,
I'm wondering who you're tipping for the Rugby World Cup (which starts
tomorrow).

Anyone else?

woohooo.
should get fairly rowdy as all the top ten teams(except Argentina) and
some others (US and Canada) have plenty of supporters here.
I'll have to get my riding in early.

oh yeah, England all the way obviously.

gaz
Old October 10th 03, 06:22 AM
Westie

"miles todd" wrote in message

bomba wrote:
After your success at predicting the winners of the footie World Cup,
I'm wondering who you're tipping for the Rugby World Cup (which starts
tomorrow).

Anyone else?

Here's how it is going to go: After a tough, long struggle some great
team will come in second. And the Kiwis, of course, will come in first.

At least, if it is like every other year since time began.

Except that at the last Rugby World Cup a long time rival team not worth
mentioning beat the Kiwi's, dealing to them a devastating blow that drew
tears to the eyes of even the most hardened Kiwi rugby fans. Truely a dark
day in New Zealand's history.

Old October 10th 03, 06:29 AM
Westie

--
Westie
(Replace 'invalid' with 'yahoo' when replying.)

"gazzer" wrote in message
om...
bomba wrote in message

After your success at predicting the winners of the footie World Cup,
I'm wondering who you're tipping for the Rugby World Cup (which starts
tomorrow).

Anyone else?

woohooo.
should get fairly rowdy as all the top ten teams(except Argentina) and
some others (US and Canada) have plenty of supporters here.
I'll have to get my riding in early.

oh yeah, England all the way obviously.

I consulted the crystal ball and England will meet France in one semi final
and Australia will meet New Zealand in the other.

Ten reasons why we will win:
1. Form. We're on it.
2. An easy group. Asutralia and Sth Africa will knock themselves to pieces.
3. The weather. Perfect for us.
4. The outside backs. Who can beat them?
6. Being in Australia. Australia has gone Rugby WC bonkers.
7. Carlos Spencer. Who can beat him?
8. Depth. A champion team AND team of champions.
9. Self belief. Because we can.
10. It's New Zealand's turn. Isn't it?

Old October 10th 03, 07:04 AM
Sorni

"Gary in VA" wrote in message
link.net...

"bomba" wrote in message
After your success at predicting the winners of the footie World Cup,
I'm wondering who you're tipping for the Rugby World Cup (which starts
tomorrow).

Anyone else?

I'm picking those guys in the rugby uniforms to win. You know, the ones
wearing the dirty uniforms.

Oh, you mean the ones with the rowdy fans!

Bill "good call" S.

Old October 10th 03, 08:13 AM
Pete Jones

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 20:43:55 +0200, bomba
blathered:

After your success at predicting the winners of the footie World Cup,
I'm wondering who you're tipping for the Rugby World Cup

Looks like the hookers will be onto a winner:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/3160670.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funn...me/3158202.stm

*Chuckle*

Pete