Tyler 3rd best American of all time?

Old August 21st 04, 03:11 PM
h squared

psycholist wrote:

I didn't lose all respect for the guy, but I'm sure he left his mom, dad,
wife, coach and several others with their mouths hanging open when he
dedicated his victory to his dog. Hey, nobody's into animals any more than
I am, but a little perspective is a good thing.

there must be something wrong with me. i didn't consider that there was
anything strange about it at all until i read these posts.

anyhoo, maybe he was thinking about his dog during the entire tt and it
gave him that extra edge and he knows it?

heather
Old August 21st 04, 05:14 PM
Badger_South

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 14:11:12 GMT, h squared
wrote:

psycholist wrote:

I didn't lose all respect for the guy, but I'm sure he left his mom, dad,
wife, coach and several others with their mouths hanging open when he
dedicated his victory to his dog. Hey, nobody's into animals any more than
I am, but a little perspective is a good thing.

there must be something wrong with me. i didn't consider that there was
anything strange about it at all until i read these posts.

anyhoo, maybe he was thinking about his dog during the entire tt and it
gave him that extra edge and he knows it?

heather

Well certainly his dog was on his mind b/c they were daily and constant
companions and the dog had died. I'm sure if Tyler's second cousin had
died, he'd have been thinking about him and dedicated the race to them.

People have certainly raced with more mundane motivation, like eating a
pint of ice cream at the finish or getting a T-shirt, or even a shiny piece
of metal on a string, eh?

-B

Old August 21st 04, 07:16 PM
h squared

Badger_South wrote:

People have certainly raced with more mundane motivation, like eating a
pint of ice cream at the finish or getting a T-shirt, or even a shiny piece
of metal on a string, eh?

ha. good point. i just came back from a 2 hour run and enjoyed eating my
ice cream reward .
heather
Old August 22nd 04, 03:16 AM
Tony

warren wrote in message ...
In article , Dave H
wrote:

"Tuschinski" wrote in
message ...

NPA Wrote:
What do you guys think? Is Tyler the 3rd best American cyclist of

all
time now?

Better than Hampsten?

-NPA

Not even close.

Hampsten not only won the Giro and TdS, but had other highrankings on
top of it.

I lost all respect for the guy. Here it is the Olympics, world stage, and
the whiney lil bitch dedicates his Gold Medal to his ****ing DOG. I mean
enough already, I could see a few days of mourning, but please . Also
cyclists need to take a page from, and I know this will just **** you
Nippleheads off, NASCAR when it comes to being in front of a camera. He
doesn't thank the USA for giving him the opportunity,

Why should he? He earned his way. Do we hear most other athletes
thanking the USA or their coaches? Besides, the coaches are used to
getting their thanks in private, what's said is usually too personal
for the public to hear about.

In print he thanks CSC and Riis for gods sake. He doesn't thank a
coach or anyone,

Riis counts for that, since he's the one that's probably helped him
most in recent years.

I for one don't want to hear some Nascar type rattle off a list of his
sponsors and how great his brand x bike was. I thought Tyler came off
humble and deeply happy about winning the Olympic gold medal.

I agree - Tyler is a good guy and his reaction was humble. The dog thing is
wierd, but that's at least a reasonably good thing to care about. Too many
people care about the wrong things. Compared to people dogs can be far more
loyal. I'm happy to see the guy win. As for being better than Hampston -
nope.

- Tony

-WG

Old August 22nd 04, 05:50 AM
Bob Schwartz

psycholist wrote:
I didn't lose all respect for the guy, but I'm sure he left his mom, dad,
wife, coach and several others with their mouths hanging open when he
dedicated his victory to his dog. Hey, nobody's into animals any more than
I am, but a little perspective is a good thing.

My jaw doesn't drop until I hear a Kiwi dedicate a victory to his sheep.
And maybe not even then.

Bob Schwartz

Old August 22nd 04, 02:42 PM
TritonRider

My jaw doesn't drop until I hear a Kiwi dedicate a victory to his sheep.
And maybe not even then.

Bob Schwartz

At least the sheep isn't likely to get the house in the divorce.
Bill C

Cycling and vegetarianism Preston Crawford General 434 September 25th 04 09:38 PM
Gels vs Gatorade Ken Techniques 145 August 3rd 04 06:56 PM
LANCE ARMSTRONG'S BID FOR COVETED SIXTH TOUR DE FRANCE FOILED Richard Longwood Racing 6 June 28th 04 03:06 AM
Dumb American sportswriters vs. Cycling journalists Bruce Johnston Racing 1 July 24th 03 05:13 PM
TDF: Nantes Time Trial Viewing tebo13 Racing 1 July 24th 03 02:24 AM