Damn that was a fine stage

Old May 28th 05, 04:46 PM
Robert Chung

Default Damn that was a fine stage

DiLuca and Simoni went down swinging for the fences. Savoldelli owes
Lotto. Rujano drives me nuts.

Old May 28th 05, 06:26 PM
Bob Schwartz

Robert Chung wrote:
Savoldelli owes Lotto.

Discovery owes Lotto. When the going gets tough,
the tough go shopping.

Bob Schwartz

Old May 28th 05, 06:48 PM
Stan Cox

Bob Schwartz wrote:
Robert Chung wrote:

Savoldelli owes Lotto.

Discovery owes Lotto. When the going gets tough,
the tough go shopping.

Bob Schwartz

My thoughts entirely. Discovery are going to have to pay that one
back. BTW the British Eurosport comentators were quite scathing about
the lack of team mates available to give him support, not just on this
stage but generally.

Stan Cox
Old May 28th 05, 07:00 PM
Robert Chung

Stan Cox wrote:
Bob Schwartz wrote:
Robert Chung wrote:

Savoldelli owes Lotto.

Discovery owes Lotto. When the going gets tough,
the tough go shopping.

Bob Schwartz

My thoughts entirely. Discovery are going to have to pay that one
back. BTW the British Eurosport comentators were quite scathing about
the lack of team mates available to give him support, not just on this
stage but generally.

That's what happens when you fill out your roster with lunch meat.

Old May 28th 05, 07:15 PM

Robert Chung wrote:
Stan Cox wrote:
Bob Schwartz wrote:
Discovery owes Lotto. When the going gets tough,
the tough go shopping.

My thoughts entirely. Discovery are going to have to pay that one
back. BTW the British Eurosport comentators were quite scathing about
the lack of team mates available to give him support, not just on this
stage but generally.

That's what happens when you fill out your roster with lunch meat.

Hein Verbruggen just emailed me to point out that this shows the
strength and well-thought-out character of the Pro Tour.
Even though the PT requirements basically force each team to send
lunch meat to at least one of the three Grand Tours,
Savoldelli has managed to (provisionally) win the Giro
with his deli plate (no disrespect to the Disco Channel riders).
When life gives you prosciutto, make panini.

Oh, that wacky Verbruggen!

Old May 28th 05, 07:23 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Sat, 28 May 2005 17:46:12 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
DiLuca and Simoni went down swinging for the fences. Savoldelli owes
Lotto. Rujano drives me nuts.

The journey was entertaining, but there was no real drama or a
conclusion that will make this stage epic or eternal. Everyone faded
away and the top 5 remained unchanged for chrissakes! If only Simoni
could have hung with Rujano.

--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/
Old May 28th 05, 07:46 PM
Robert Chung

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
The journey was entertaining, but there was no real drama or a
conclusion that will make this stage epic or eternal.

You don't think "guy has jersey, guy loses jersey, guy gets jersey back"
is dramatic?

Everyone faded
away and the top 5 remained unchanged for chrissakes! If only Simoni
could have hung with Rujano.

If Simoni had hung with Rujano the top 5 would have remained unchanged.

Old May 28th 05, 07:48 PM
Robert Chung

Me wrote:
Your Frenchy charts drive me nuts!

Thanks. It's good to know my efforts aren't in vain.

Old May 28th 05, 08:01 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Sat, 28 May 2005 20:46:36 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
If Simoni had hung with Rujano the top 5 would have remained unchanged.

Well, Rujano sat up just a little before the line. Simoni would probably
have had the sense to drive it all the way, or would even have bought
the win including bonus seconds. Besides, Savoldelli still should get a
10 s penalty like Di Luca got, for being pushed on the climb.

--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

Setmana-Catalana Stage 4 - Leipheimer, Rodriguez , Basso trg Racing 3 March 25th 04 09:03 PM
TdF final stage MD UK 10 August 5th 03 10:21 AM
Penultimate stage an ITT or TTT? Arthg Racing 4 July 17th 03 12:49 PM
Tour de France stage 4 Update on Hugh Hewitt Show David Ryan Racing 1 July 11th 03 03:07 AM