So who all has noticed ...

Old May 29th 05, 10:18 PM
Steven L. Sheffield

Default So who all has noticed ...

.... that USPS/Discovery Channel has won 4 of the last 5 Grand Tours in which
they have participated?

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

Old May 30th 05, 01:25 AM
Fred Marx

Steven L. Sheffield wrote:

... that USPS/Discovery Channel has won 4 of the last 5 Grand Tours in which
they have participated?

scary now ain't it... and no I had not put that one together....... The
one missing would be last years Vuelta?
Old May 30th 05, 02:38 AM
Sonarrat

Steven L. Sheffield wrote:

... that USPS/Discovery Channel has won 4 of the last 5 Grand Tours in which
they have participated?

Heras was riding for Liberty Seguros when he won the Vuelta last year.
Nice try, though.

-Sonarrat.
Old May 30th 05, 02:40 AM
Sonarrat

Sonarrat wrote:
Steven L. Sheffield wrote:

... that USPS/Discovery Channel has won 4 of the last 5 Grand Tours in
which
they have participated?

Heras was riding for Liberty Seguros when he won the Vuelta last year.
Nice try, though.

Oh, wait, you're right. They didn't participate in the '04 Giro, so
their last GT before that was the Vuelta in '03 that Heras won for them.
Sowwy.

-Sonarrat.
Old May 30th 05, 05:02 AM

Steven L. Sheffield wrote:

... that USPS/Discovery Channel has won 4 of the last 5 Grand Tours in which
they have participated?

How long has it been since a team sweeped all 3 GTs in a season?
Old May 30th 05, 07:27 AM
Chris M

And each of those wins was lead by a repeat winner. I guess they do
have some ascension planning going on.

Old May 30th 05, 07:34 AM
Chris M

I am not sure it ever happened. I am trying to think of those years
when a rider won a double to see if I can remember a team mate winning
the third. I kind of doubt any team has ever swept all 3. Winning 2 is
not all that rare but mostly from the same guy and with results like
that is takes the pressure off of even participating in the third GT.
I suppose this year it would be possible for Disco if Azevedo or
Beltran gets to go for the win in Spain. I would enjoy that. They each
deserve a chance for that especially if they are not wasted going for #
7 for the Lance factor.

Old May 30th 05, 08:51 AM
Kurgan Gringioni

Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
... that USPS/Discovery Channel has won 4 of the last 5 Grand Tours in which
they have participated?

Dumbass -

You have your head up your ass. Anyone who reads rbr realizes that
Discover sucks.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Old May 30th 05, 12:27 PM
Steven L. Sheffield

On 05/29/2005 07:38 PM, in article , "Sonarrat"
wrote:

Steven L. Sheffield wrote:

... that USPS/Discovery Channel has won 4 of the last 5 Grand Tours in which
they have participated?

Heras was riding for Liberty Seguros when he won the Vuelta last year.
Nice try, though.

2003 Tour de France - Lance Armstrong - USPS
2003 Vuelta a España - Roberto Heras - USPS
2004 Tour de France - Lance Armstrong - USPS
2004 Vuelta a España - Roberto Heras - Liberty Seguros
2005 Giro d'Italia - Paolo Savoldelli - Discovery Channel

Looks like 4 out of the last 5 to me ...

Have you ever noticed... Pat General 28 January 10th 05 12:54 AM
Cycle helmets: please can we leave this alone now Danmac UK 41 December 8th 04 09:52 AM
Have you seen an effect in America because of Lance ? Laz Racing 70 August 7th 04 06:43 AM
Measured miles/kilometres in Bristol Danny Colyer UK 15 March 18th 04 12:47 AM
Has anyone noticed? Ian Recumbent Biking 0 August 11th 03 01:10 PM